Monday, May 4, 2009

Blog Candy, Wedding News and a Magnolia Mother's Day Card

Hi Everyone,

Don't forget my Blog candy is drawn this month and there is still time to enter! Scroll down and have a look at all the goodies that you could win!

We are home from Kate's wedding and what a big weekend it was! The ceremony was beautiful...an outdoor wedding at Noosa in Queensland...Kate and the bridesmaids looked beautiful. It was great to catch up with all of my family, but the night itself was FREEZING! We were outdoors all night and it made my cold even worse! So much so that I am having tomorrow off to get better. I put a couple of photos on here for you to have a little look at if you are interested.

Photo 1 - The Bride and groom - Kate and Pat
Photo 2 - The Bridesmaids
Photo 3 - My cousin Abbey from Sydney and I

I am in a rush to make my Mother's Day cards as they all need to be posted tomorrow... but I took my time and enjoyed this Magnolia Down Under Challenge. I used some Shirley Barber scrapbooking paper for the background behind my image and framed this with my scallop punch on green and then blue papers from Stampin' Up. I stamped the flower and leaves and then water-coloured them to match the image. I used blue as it is my Mum's favourite colour and added some green in for nature. On the inside of the card I placed the greeting in the corner so I could write a long message to Mum without running out of room.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing your wedding photos. I like this card how you have got her sitting on the picture in the paper. Very clever.
Amanda

Kristie said...

This is just gorgeous...love the colours you've chosen ♥ Thanks for joining in at MDUC and hope you play again :) Loved the wedding pics to btw...just lovely :)

Debbie Pamment said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card - thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx