Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Male Card Cupcake Challenge


I worked up the courage to try another male card. This card is for my Uncle Rod who's birthday it is on Saturday. He is a dermatologist and likes simple, classy things...I tried my best and came up with this card. I am entering it in the Cupcake Craft Challenge. I used SU stamp and paper. The sentiment down the bottom of the card is a sticker from Big W which says "enjoy life's moments". I coloured in the image with my ink pads, stampin write markers and aqua painter. I added some kindy glitz to add a bit of sparkle - couldn't help it! We are having dinner on Sunday night with Rod and his wife Chris. They are here on the Gold Coast for a conference so I will be able to give him the card in person. I hope he likes it.

On another note I just purchased my first set of digi stamps from Digi Stamp Boutique (how exciting!) But they will have to wait till tomorrow night now before they get used...I bought the Josh special offer of six digi stamps. Maybe they will help making boy cards easier - I need all the help I can get. Hope you had a lovely Wednesday...Thanks for visiting my blog.
Alicia xx

11 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Great job on the masculine challenge. The colours are perfect

sandra's crafty corner said...

wht a gorgeous card,lovin the colours
sandra xxx

LINDA said...

Fantastic Guy card!! Love the colors..Great job..
Hugs, Linda

Steph said...

Lovely card, Alicia. I really like the image and the swirls in the background are gorgeous x

Saskia said...

Great card! I love your colour-combination!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia

Sammie said...

I think this is totally sumptuous and the colour is great for a man's card.
Sammie

Beccy said...

Great male card.
Beccy x

Kruemel said...

You created a wonderful "simple and classy" card and I am sure your uncle will love it! These monochrome colors look so wonderful.
Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!
Kathrin aka Kruemel

The Crafty Den said...

Great card and I love the colour scheme you used. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous thanks for joining us this time at ccc hugs pops x

Ida / Little said...

Your card is gorgeous, I love the earthy colors u have used!! :) Thanks for playing with this weeks challenge @ CCC!

Hugs Ida