Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Seaside Birthday Theme



I had a lovely time making this seaside birthday card for the Magnolia Down Under "Under the Sea" challenge.  I used some of my new SU designer papers from the "Pink Flamingo" set.  I used my SU "Seaside" stamps with Versamark stamp pad on the base card to create some background interest and added a hint of kindy-glitz to highlight the stamps.  I coloured my Magnolia image in with my Stampin' Write markers and the background with the watercolour crayons and my Blender pen.  I used my new pretties kit for the hat pin and coloured the flower to match the card.  I followed the theme onto the inside of the card as well.  I stiched the blue paper on the front and inside of the card with my sewing machine but it doesn't show up well in the photo.  The cards stock colours are "Close to Cocoa" and "Creamy Caramel".  This card is for my friend Michelle who lives in Newcastle.  Its her birthday at the end of the week.  She loves the ocean and crafting so I think she will enjoy this card.  Thanks for visiting my blog!
Alicia xx

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW,this is gorgeous Alicia,love everything about it.You just keep getting better and better!!! Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
xx

Donna said...

Super scrummy card Alicia, great chice of colours and a super cute image too :) Donna x

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - this is super cute! Love the colours and that little Tilda is a [erfect choice!
Great job!
xXx

Amanda said...

Hi Alicia,I love this card, the new papers look great on it. I love te way you have matched the inside with the front, very nice.
love Amanda

Bec said...

This is such a cute card.. I love it.. Love how you took the photo also.. Bec xx

Lynda said...

Cute to boot...u just wanna point her in the direction of the water...don't cha?? All the elements compliment the image so v v well. Awesome card!!!