Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Magnolia Down Under - Pink, Brown and White


I couldn't wait to get home and make a card tonight. Yesterday I had car troubles and so I had to call RACQ and spent last night driving my car around town charging up the battery - the joys! There was no time to make a card last night and so I was really hanging out to create one tonight. I could have begun the endless and daunting task of my class portfolios but no way! I was taking a stand, I had to spend time making a card - time for me to relax and have some fun.
I love the challenge over at Magnolia Down Under. I chose the colours pink, brown and white, although it was a real toss up. I was nearly ready to go blue, brown and white - maybe I can have a go at that tomorrow... Anyway, onto my card details!
The back ground paper on my card is DCWV "The Sweet Stack" and the other papers are SU "Close to Cocoa" and "Whisper White". I am in love with "Whisper White". It is so smooth and the ink stamps so nicely onto it. The butterfly and flower stamps are retired SU "Bold Butterfly". I have always loved this set but only just purchased it second hand from Madonna. I am so glad I did - because I love the way you double stamp the outline and then the fill. I stamped it in "Pretty in Pink" and "Pink Passion". I added rhinestones to the centres of the flowers and kindy-glitz to the butterfly wings. I did some machine stitching around my Magnolia image and the background paper. I used a chip-board border (not sure of its correct name) for my sentiment and covered it in DCWV paper with brads from my pretties kit. I used my lace punch as well for some trimming.
Only three more days until holidays now...not long...lots to do, but I'm sure we will get it all done. I hope you had a fun-filled Tuesday. Thanks for visiting my blog.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Alicia,what a fabulous design.....I love all the elements you have used and that pretty paper,I have it as well!!! Thanks for joining us at MDUC.

Amanda said...

Beautiful card Alicia, I'm glad you got some crafting time in,let us know if you want help with portfolios.
Love Amanda

Amanda said...

I love that special day card I like the big butterflies they are really pretty I like all the pretty cardbord.The stamp is so cute and the little flower.LOVE CHELSEA

Kellie said...

Oooooo WOW! Gorgeous card, thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge.
Kelx

Tracey Feeger said...

This is a gorgeous card Alicia.
mwah
Trace

Norma said...

Alicia, beautiful card! Isn't this cross stich Tilda just adorable? Love the way you placed your butterflies on the card. Nice layout.

Hugs.
Norma

Debbie Pamment said...

A gorgeous creation Alicia - all those wonderful details to look at - and your colouring is wonderful!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous Alicia, love the butterflies too! Would love to see you do the blue colours too, your very clever.
Thanks for plaing in MDUC.
Kristy

Jeannie said...

Couldn't be more cute!
Great job with all of the pinks.

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Sue said...

Such a cute card, colored beautifully. Very nice. Alicia, congrats on top 3, well deserved!