Saturday, August 1, 2009

An Altered Project






I felt like making something other than a card and I was blog-hopping around for inspiration. I came across the challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend. There challenge was "Alterations". You have to alter something and make it prettier. I have a lot of noodle boxes left over from Ben's party and I have been looking for an excuse to have a play with them. My friend Carrie also gives me little hand-me-down gifts all the time, like her magazines, moisturisers, perfumes and other things she doesn't need anymore. She is a very beautiful and generous friend so I thought I could maybe make something for her. Hopefully she can find some use for this little box.

I used the colours Sage Shadow and Chocolate Chip, the retired SU stamp set "Bold Butterfly" (one of my favourites) and some retired SU paper.

I am beginning an enormous project - Scrap Booking all my baby photos. I have already done a couple of pages this year, but now I want to get "serious"! Today I went to the camera shop and asked them to scan in 80 of my photos. They said it would cost $175! Can you believe it! Just to scan them in. I said I think I would be better doing that myself, so this afternoon I scanned in the first 20. It took a long time and then the computer started to make funny noises so I thought I better give it a rest. So I will have to continue more scanning tomorrow. Then I will just take my external hard drive to the shop and print them off.

I am a real beginner with scrap booking so I am looking for any blogs with really good hints and tips about all the tricks of the trade. If you know of any please let me know, or if you have any of your own tips I would be so grateful! I promise to post a few photos along the way of the work in progress!!!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely altered box, a very thoughtful gift for your friend.
I don't do scrapbooking, but for some inspiration go to ebay and type in BTDL !
hugs
Kate x

Donna said...

What a novel idea Alicia, using old noodle boxes, love what you've done to it with the soft pastel colors, and those butterflies are gorgeous sticking out like that. I'm sure your friend will love the box you've made for her. Thank you for participating this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

crafty amy said...

Oh wow what a great idea and I love the colours that you have used :D
With everything people are altering I am never going to throw anything away ever again lol
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck

X Amy X

Cheryl said...

This is fabulous Alicia,beautiful colour combo...you have done an amazing job,your friend will love it!!! Just email me anytime if you have any questions on scrapbooking!
xx

Kimmi said...

Fabulous little noodle box, I love the papers and that butterfly stamps is gorgeous! I've not done a lot of scrapbooking, hope you find some nice hints and tips soon! Thank you for playing along with us at "Stampin' for the weekend" We hope you enjoyed your make and that you come and join us again for the next challenge! Good Luck!

Kimmi

Jeannie said...

What a great project! Your friend will luv it!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Vanja said...

This is just beautiful, Alicia! Fabulous project, I'm sure your friend will love it. I love the butterflies and the paper you used. The ribbon is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)

Vanja

Nancy said...

What a wonderful idea, Alicia:O) Love the gorgeous papers, the colours are soft and beautiful. Love the butterflies. Your friend is going to love it!
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Carol Dee said...

Love it. I bet your students are glad to have you back in the classroom! Hugs...

Crafting Queen said...

Not sure if my first comment was submitted. Lovely project and the colours are lovely. Good luck with your scrapbooking. A good site for tips is
http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/columns/tips.html
Have a nice evening.
Anesha

Vicki said...

This is wonderful Alicia and such a great idea too. The papers and colours are so pretty and finished off with the beautiful ribbon too. Thank you for taking part with this weeks alterations challenge over at SFTw, good luck xx vicki xx