Friday, August 28, 2009

MDUC - Father's Day Card


I have been checking out the Magnolia Down Under Challenge and seeing all the fabulous entries and wondering, can I really pull off a Father's Day card with my Magnolia images. I knew it was going to take some thought and time, so I couldn't do it until I got a few of my urgent cards out of the way so I could relax and have a good go at it.

I used inspiration from a card that was given to me by Kellie and you can see that card here. I coloured the Magnolia stamp and the Penny Black stamp with ink pads and aqua painter and stampin' write markers. This card is extra special because it is for my Dad. He lives on a farm near Tamworth with my Mum and he loves the country. That is why I thought this background stamp would suit him. I tried to stay away from "girly" colours and only used blue, brown, green and yellow. I roughed up the edges a bit and used my favourite string that I am obsessed with at the moment.

Here is a photo of me, Mum and Dad when they came up to visit us at Easter Time. It rained the whole weekend so we went for a Day Trip up to Brisbane and visited the Museum. We spent most of our time trying not to get wet! But found this cute little organic cafe at Southbank and had lunch.


It is the Gold Coast Holiday here today so no school - Yipeeeee! It's a beautiful day too. Hope you are having a happy Friday. Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Your Dad will love the card because you made it for him. Thanks for posting the photo of you and your parents, know we know why you are so darn cute! Handsome couple. Have a great day. hugs..

stephanne said...

Gimme some of that food, num nummy!! I'd say you've done more than pull it off, it looks fantastic!! Great images and fab colouring, and I am quite obsessed with that string at the moment as well!! Enjoy the rest of your Holiday!!
Stephanne

Kellie said...

Ok where to start? Ok firstly I just LOVE your card, all the stamps just go together so well, you would swear they were meant to a set. Your colouring is amazing as always. I love the LO and the papers, it's all perfect for one word. I'm so glad you got inspiration off my card, *blushing* And what a gorgeous family photo, nothing better than a nice little cafe when the weather is miserable! xx

Ramona Michaluk said...

Great job with our challenge Alicia - I love the way you've used the background Magnolia stamp in your layout, great idea!
The little PB Hedgie is cute and together with the SU Father's Day greeting, you've come up with a lovely card - thanks for playing along with us.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Alicia this is absolutly GORGEOUS!! WOW Love it! Thanks so much for playing with MDU.
Kristy xo

Debbie Pamment said...

Awww - how sweet!!! And great use of stamps from Penny Blac, Magnolia and SU - lovely to see how well they work together, especially as I have some of each - LOL!
xXx

Amanda said...

Your Dad is going to love this card, I love this card, great job!!
Love Amanda