Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back from Holidays...



Finally back from my holiday at Hayman Island where we had a lovely time. If anybody feels like a luxury holiday, then Hayman is a wonderful spot. Guests from all over the world visit. I have included a couple of pics for you to have a look at. We did lots of relaxing, eating, swimming, snorkelling and even went on a bush walk across the island. We did get quite a bit of dust from the dust storms. You can kind of see it in the sky in the picture below.


Since we have been back I have been trying to catch up with cleaning, washing and card-making. I made this card for my brother whose birthday is on Sunday. He has been known to sneak into the bath with a beer for some relaxation so I thought this Penny Black image might suit him! I used the sketch from Papertake Weekly, but missed the cut-off date for the challenge. I wanted to keep it simple and quick to make. I did add some glitter and crystal effects to the bubbles to give them a watery look.
I used the colour yellow because that is my brother's favourite colour. I added a navy background to keep the card masculine. I hope to catch up on all your blogs over the next day or so. Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Carol Dee said...

WOW looks like you had a good time! Thanks for including a photo of you enjoying the vacation. Your brother's Birthday card is great. You can't beat Penny Black for fun images. Hugs..

Cheryl said...

So glad you had a good holiday,beautiful photos and what a lovely place to stay!!! Love this card,the crystal effects look fab and the colours are perfect!!
xx

Jeannie said...

Great pics! I'm glad you had a great holiday, and your card is adorable! Your brother will luv it!!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Victoria said...

welcome home hun :)

Pics are fab, looks like you had a great time.

Love this card, what a shame you missed the deadline.

Victoria
x

Wilma said...

Lucky you - seems like an idyllic holiday a bit expensive to come from Scotland though! Love the card too :) x

Leigh said...

Excellent card Alicia. Yep, very dusty and gritty up this way. Seems to be getting better now.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Love your card...so cute. Love the crystal effects and sparkles. Welcome back...I'm sure it is a hard transition!