Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MDUC Recipe


Wow did I struggle with this card! It has taken me three nights from beginning to end. Most things went wrong with it and I am still not sure I even like it! Anyway, I have never made a recipe card before, so maybe I should be more kind to myself! The recipe over at Magnolia Down Under is: 1 flower, 2 ribbons, 3 brads and 4 colours/papers. My card has 1 enormous layered flower, 2 turquoise ribbons, 3 dragonfly brads and four colours; Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Ruby Red and Summer Sun. This card is for my cousin Biddy whose birthday was yesterday - the first day of Spring. What a great day to have your birthday I think!




A few posts ago I promised to take some photos of my class' Father's Day cards. We made them yesterday. The kids really enjoyed making them and each one looks very different to the next. Hope you are having a fun Wednesday. I am feeling a bit headachey and sinusy so I am off to have an early night.

10 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Oh Alicia, what a beautiful card, love the bright flower and the lovely coloured Tilda, I think you are being far to hard on yourself. Love what your class have done making Father's Day cards, some up and coming crafters in the making, take careX:)

Carol Dee said...

You might not like your card so much, but I do! The giant flower is really cool and anything with dragonflies on it is a winner!

The kids did a great job on the Father's Day cards. Some good 2nd grade coloring and fun layouts. TFS. hugs...

Sue said...

Alicia, the struggle was well worth the final card! I love the colors you chose and if you can only have one flower, yours is beautiful.
Magnolia image is colored so lovely too. Thanks for joining us in the MDU challenge, and hope you come back for the next one. Great job.
PS...love the kids cards!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

I love it! So bright and playful. Thanks for joining in MDU.
Kristy

Norma said...

Alicia, it was worth it at the end. The card is gorgeous. One of my favorite Tilda's. Love the colour scheme-stunning. Those dragonfly brads are to die for.
Thanks for joining the challenge at MDUC.

Hugs.
Norma

Paperaddict said...

wow - fab card, and adorable Tilda! Cool, sunny, tropical colours - just fab!

Debbie Pamment said...

Lovely card Alicia - LOVE the flower and those dragonfly brads - such a great card for Spring!
xXx

Carolyn said...

What a pretty card Alicia. I love this image.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Ramona Michaluk said...

Lovely bright card Alicia ! Love the way you've combined our DS paper with that big flower and I think your 3 dragonfly brads are such a cute idea! Great job with our challenge !

Tracey Feeger said...

wow Alicia. I love the bright colours - very much a spring/summer card. Thanks for joining in the challenge once again. Hope to see you next time around.
mwah
Trace