Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Wedding Card



I have been meaning to make this wedding card for my teaching partner Michelle for about a month now. She asked me to make two wedding cards for her and I made two, but wanted to make a third so she could choose. I knew she wouldn't want really "girly-girly" cards but that was all I was producing. Thankfully I finally got some inspiration from the red felt hearts strip I bought at Scrapbook Divas. I made this card today and I am pleased it is not pink and girly-girly. Wedding cards are extra tricky I think. I am entering this card in the Card Patterns Sketch 33 challenge. I altered the sketch slightly to move the ribbon below the triangles.
Thankfully I am now on school holidays and to celebrate, yesterday I slept all day long. I must have been very tired from the last two weeks of madness. Then last night I played Sing Star with some friends until 2am in the morning. Hope the neighbours could sleep ok! Today I really hope to spend lots of time creating...I have lots to do...
Hope you are having a nice Sunday. Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

Elise said...

You made excellent use of this sketch, I must say! I totally appreciate your struggle with wedding cards... {It's kind of like a foreign subject!} But this card is WONDERFUL! Solves all of your problems AND you're a doll for giving your friend OPTIONS! So nice! Great job, dear! Enjoy your time off!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous and so perfect for a wedding!!! Not too girly for the boys either,fab colour combo!!
xx

Carol Dee said...

Great card. It would also be a lovely Valentine.
Enjoy your holiday, hugs...

LINDA said...

OH This is just so pretty.. Love the color combo.. Such a great design.. Love it..
Hugs, Linda

Victoria said...

sing star til 2am - lol! fantastic.

Brill card, love the colours for a wedding, such a nice change to see vibrant colours instead of soft shades.

Enjoy your holidays - hope you get tons of crafting time in

Victoria
x

whoistracy said...

This is so sweet and pretty Alicia. Love the simple color scheme.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Beautiful card and I am sure your friend will have a hard time choosing which to use.

Sherryann

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a fabulous card, i love all your details! Beth