Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sweet Sketch Wednesday and a present to myself!



Well, I went to my friend Renee's 30th Birthday last night at the Story Bridge Hotel in Brisbane, and I hadn't finished her card. So I had to give her Chris' card and make another one for Chris. I thought I would use the second sketch for Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Its certainly not as glitzy as the first one! I did add a little bit of Kindy Glitz to the lace frill at the bottom of her dress. I purchased some of that mesh ribbon at the Scrapbooking cupboard in white and wheat. I embossed the Baja Breeze section across the bottom with a Cuttlebug folder.

Papers: DCWV The Sweet Stack, SU Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and some retired DP.
Image: Another stamped one from my friend, coloured in with SU markers.
Embellishments: Mesh ribbon, flowers from my stash and brads from SU Pretties Kit.

Well, I went back to the scrapbooking Cupboard yesterday and bought some accessories for my present to myself! With 40% off it was the perfect time to buy some accessories! I have decided I really wont be able to wait until Christmas, so I plan to get it out of the box and set it up today! Here is a picture of what I purchased - A Cricut Create machine. I also bought the software so it can be connected to the computer and the paper Dress-up Doll Cartridge. Looks like it will be a lot of fun and I hope it will help me with my Scrapbooking.
Back to school tomorrow - holidays are all over...ready to start the last term for the year. I am looking forward to reading "The Twits" by Roald Dahl with my class. I love that book! Have you read it? The kids just love it, because of the disgusting words and events in the book. Hope you have a lovely Sunday and thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful card, fantastic colouring, love the image, the mesh ribbon is very effective too, congratulations on your new purchases, still on my wish list. Yes we have read The Twits, my children loved his books, enjoy the rest of your day, take careX:)

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh your second card is just adorable. Love your colors your sweet image, netting and added flowers. Great take on my sketch. Thanks for playing along a second time!!! You will love your cricut. I sure love mine!!!

Teri said...

Great take on the second sketch! Love what you did with it - Hope you have fun using the machine!
Hugs,
Teri x

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,what a fab image and papers......love that mesh ribbon,it looks fantastic!!! Enjoy your new toys,looking forward to seeing your creations!!
xx

mulberry station said...

This is sooo cute. Love the image and the nettin ribbon you used. This image jsut makes me smile. have fun with your new cricut machine. I love mine. Couldn't live with out it. Thanks for doing both cards this week. Gre

LINDA said...

Beautiful card..love the colors.. Love your new purchase. Your going to love it too!!I use mine more for scrapbooking than card making..Its awesome..
Hugs, Linda

Carol Dee said...

Darling card, I really like the mesh ribbon. WOW, nice gift! Have fun with it :) hugs...