Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sympathy Card


I have had another very busy week. I seem to get lost in life mid-week (lately) and come back to blogging on the weekends. I had to sacrifice card-making for early nights this week as school is getting pretty intense at the moment. Today I am very proud of myself because I completed my General Comments for my Reports. I am very keen to get them "done and dusted" because reports stress me out BIG time!
Anyway, onto my card. I have made this card for a lady in our community who lost her baby very late in her pregnancy. It was extremely sad news and devastating for her and her family to go through. Sympathy cards can be quite difficult I think, finding the right words to write on them is evn harder. I did my best.
I am off to catch up on my blog-hopping now. Thank you so much for visiting and for the lovely comments you leave. They really make my day.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

THis is a beautiful card Alicia, I'm sure your friend will be so greatful to receive it and that you've acknowledged her baby (()).

Well done you on the work front, good to get some early nights in too

Victoria
x

Cheryl said...

Such sad news and such a pretty card to let her know you are thinking of her.
xx

Carol Dee said...

A lovely card for a very difficult occasion. You did a good job. I bought a Sympathy for loss of child set from Clear Stamps (I think) after having made 3 such cards in a year. Thankfully I have not had ot make another since buying the set.
Glad to hear you are done with the reports.
Have a relaxing weekend, hugs...