Monday, October 26, 2009

Two cards...


I have two cards to share with you tonight.

The first card is a wedding card. My hairdresser got married (surprising all of her guests) at her and her partner's 40th Birthday/Halloween Party. Wow! Talk about getting married in a unique and spontaneous way! So I had to make her a card. And after so much distressing talk over at MDUC this fortnight I have the distressing bug! I distressed nearly everthing on this card. The hearts, sentiment and strip across the middle of the card are from the SU Love Sparkles Scrapbooking kit. I embossed the pink card with the cuttlebug.
My second card is for a male friend of ours for his birthday tomorrow. I heat embossed the stamp with silver embossing powder. Can you spot the Magnolia DP? It looks great on this male card (I think). I added a bit of netted ribbon that I am obsessed with. I cant help it - it is such a great space filler! The card colours are Night of Navy and Whisper White with more distressing.

I had a very busy, and pretty average day at school today. The end of year wind-up has already begun and it feels so massive! So much to do mounting up over the next five weeks...The kids in my class already seem so tired...At least I have card-making for my relaxation time (or should I say survival time?).

Hope your Monday was better!

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

WOW Both cards are GREAT, I especially like the birthday card. Stunning. The wedding card has fun colors love the distressing, too. Have a wonderful week with lots of stamping time! hugs..

Cheryl said...

Two fantastic cards,I love distressing and it gives such a different but fabulous look to them!!!
xx

mueppi said...

Two wonderful cards, Alicia!
Hugs Gisela

Victoria said...

these are both fab. Wow what a surprise wedding!

Victoria
x