Thursday, November 12, 2009

And finally a card...


I have been working on this card for a couple of days...little snippets of time here and there and I wanted to post it last night, but didn't make it so here it is tonight.

I have been trying to "multi-challenge" so this card is for the following challenges...
Kellie's MDUC - Yummy for your Tummy
Just Magnolia - Distressing
Well that's three challenges - pretty good for me! I sometimes have trouble getting my head around multi-challenge cards!
Now I thought I might tell you about my card! The base card colour is SU Mellow Moss and the deeper purple paper is from the Kaiser Craft Lilac Avenue Collection. The Blue Berry paper and the spotted mauve paper used for the floor is from Kellie's Magnolia store as is the kitchen cupboards. Tilda is from a blog giveaway on Kellie's blog I was lucky to win a few months back now.
I distresesed averything I could! I coloured with SU markers Creamy caramel, Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Mellow Moss,Lovely Lilac, Summer Sun, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery.

My card is for my teaching partner I had when we were living in Newcastle. Her name is Cath and I learnt so much from her. She is a good friend, and although we dont talk or see each other that often she has a special place in my heart. I hope she likes the card.

Friday tomorrow and then the weekend. Busy times for me at the moment (how unusual!). Three more weeks left of school - I can hardly believe it! Lots to do and then holidays. Should be good.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care.

7 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Sweet card. All teh soft pastels and adorable Magnolia image. Have a terrific day, hugs...

Victoria said...

gorgeous card and well done on the multi challenges too. I like your new look blog

Victoria
x

LINDA said...

This is just darling.. you have colored the images just perfect.Love the papers and the colors...Very lovely..
Hugs, Linda

Cheryl said...

WOW beautiful,love the scene you have created!!!
xx

Loz said...

Love the colours Alicia... it all ties in so beautifully!

TxLonestarAngel said...

Very sweet card, love the scenery and all the distressing makes an extra special touch!

XX
Stephanie

Loz said...

I'm back again, you'll be thinking I'm your blogging-stalker!! I have an award that I would like to pass to you here. When you get a chance please feel free to pop over and get it. Can't believe there's less than 3 weeks of school - where has the year gone!! Have a great day! x