Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Card for Beau


My cousin Beau is in year seven and it was his birthday a week or so ago, I am a little late with his card, but better late than ever I say! I always really struggle with male teenage cards and this one was no different. But I am having fun entering many challenges at the moment and I have entered this card in the following four challenges:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Punch Happy (I have used my tag punch)
Cute Card Thursday - Snips, Snails and Puppydog Tails
The Play Date Cafe - Colour Challenge - Dark Green, Light Blue, Orange and Sea Green
For my card I used Not Quite Navy and Bashful Blue SU card stock. I used some Magnolia DP and some strips of Kimberly Poloson's DP. The puppy dog is a Penny Black stamp cut out with a Nestabilities circle, the Happy Birthday tag stamp is SU (now retired) and the buttons came from spotlight. I like how the buttons are all the same shade of orange, but different sizes. I colured the puppy in with SU markers, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive and Mellow Moss. I added some Hemp Twine to give it a boyish feel. To be honest I am not in love with the card, but then I never really like the boy ones!
I went to the launch of the new SU mini catalogue today at Lucinda's house. I have ordered some new things to play with. I feel like I have lots of things to make at the moment...so I guess I better get a start on them.
Thanks for visiting today.

12 comments:

Leigh said...

Wow, excellent boy card Alicia.

Kerrie said...

I struggle to make male cards, but this is just great, and so many challenges entered, you can also enter in the Allsorts Challenge Wk 29, using buttons....

Fran said...

super cute card, that stamp is adorable and I love the buttons being the same colour and different sizes, it really adds interest.
it is an awesome boys card!

Melissa Craig said...

How cute... I like the thread that is wound between the buttons. Very well done - the colors are great, too.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sandi said...

awww, just the cutest, love the different buttons. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

Carol Dee said...

Oh My Goodness, Both cards are Fabulous!
Love the blue and tan colors and wet water on card one. Plus you just have to love a Penny Black image! Sweet.
Card two is so much fun. Love the layout and color, plus the twine treatment is SUPER!
Well - we had a LONG weekend in the states. Sad to have to go back to work on Monday. (Except of course for a paycheck) spending lots on Christmas, you know. ;) hugs...

Julie Ranae said...

So glad you stopped the Play Date Cafe once again!

This is a wonderful card....I love your creations, but I must confess that it is always nice to see Honey! : )

Sarah Anderson said...

This is a lovely card!!! Those buttons look fab and I love the image :) Makes a great male card!!

Anne Jagger said...

This is so cute.

Loz said...

I love him, he's adorable!

*Alison* said...

This is such a cute card.. I am loving it.. :) such a cute image.. HUGS

Hearts Turned said...

What an adorable card, Alicia! Your cousin will love it! So glad you played with us at The Cafe' this week!