Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday

This card is for the Sketch and Stash Challenge and my for my Uncle John for his Birthday. I wanted to use bright colours, because he lives in tropical Queensland and loves wearing bright-coloured boardies and thongs. I coloured with my SU markers, ink pads and aqua painter. I added crystal effects and dazzling diamond glitter. I used the colours Real Red, Tempting Turquoise and Summer Sun. I haven't entered a Sketch and Stash challenge for ages, my stash is all neglected...nothing new and exciting on this card. But I do love these Pink Flamingo SU DPs. Thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Debra James said...

What a great bright fun card, Love the colours u used. Its does remind me of amazing Aussie summers. Hugs Debra

Kellie said...

I love this and think you hit the colours on the head hun! Isn't that just a gorgeous cat! Love it!
Hugs, Kel

Carol Dee said...

This is colorfuland the layout is fun. I am loveing the sparkly balloons, too! hugs...

Loz said...

You're game writing the word 'thongs' on here... I chuckled the second I read it thinking of all you overseas viewer who would have gasped!! Brightly coloured thongs!
Anyway, great card. Love the sparkles on the balloons

Unknown said...

Loz - what else do your call them? I am meaning the shoes thongs not the underwear type! He he he...

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Alicia :-) I had a chuckle at the thongs too ha ha :-) I think we call them flip flops ?? :-)

Thanks for joining the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Chrissie said...

What a fabulous card Alicia, those vibrant colours have certainly cheered me up!
Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.