Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Kitchen/Cooking Card


Two posts from me today! Unusual..I know...but this can make up for my lack of posting during the week. This card is for my Nan's birthday which is on the 3rd of November. Can you believe we are in November! Not long till Santa comes now!

I am entering this card in A Spoon Full of Sugar's Kitchen/Cooking Challenge. This card is set in the kitchen - note the Magnolia Kitchen cupboards with jars. This stamp I bought from Kellie's store along with the Magnolia DPs. I also used my Magnolia Background stamp with the sun and the clouds.
The little girl is from the SU set "A Kind Word". I loved this stamp when I bought it and have hardly used it much. The colours I focused on were Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Baroque Blue, Ballet Blue, Lavender Lace, Pale Plum, Orchid Opulance, Pretty in Pink and Green Galore.
I bought my Nan some crossword books, blue eyeshadow and hand cream to send down to her. I hope she enjoys her little birthday package. I am heading upstairs now, I might try and make some lunch box treats for this week before starting dinner. I hope you had a lovely weekend and thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Absolutely Stunning, creates a beautiful scene, love how you have stressed all the edges very effective! I've ordered the dresser and papers so looking forward to using them. Love Uncle John's card too, just love them bright colours. Take CareX:)

Kellie said...

I'm sure she will absolutely LOVE it like I do! I think this is amazing, the amount of work and stamps that you have used Alicia is amazing! I love the magnolia Background with the kitchen, might have to try that one! I just love everything about it!
Hugs, Kel

Debra James said...

WOW...You have created an adorable scene here.What a fab kitchen and you have put in so much work- I sure your nan will love this card.Hugs Debra

Carol Dee said...

Sweet kitchen scene. I like the way you use pastel colors. The little girl is adorable, I bet Grandma thinks she looks like you when you where young. Happy Day, hugs...

Victoria said...

wow you've put so much effort in to this card, it's amazing. I love the colours

Victoria
x

Loz said...

The sun and the clouds look great with the background. Happy Birthday to your Nan... no cannot believe we're into November!! Argh!

Fran said...

This card is fab, I love that you have used 3 different stamps and made them all work together in one scene, it has come together soooo well.
oh, and I have a little something for you over at my blog

Sandra said...

Great card Alicia. It's really going to cheer your Nan up on her birthday as it's so bright and cheerful. Love the way you have built up the scene with your stamps.
Hugs
Sandra x