Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Christmas Present


I am making a series of Layout pages that will go into frames for my sister for Christmas. I completed the first one today. I know you are going to say "not brown and blue again!" But I promise you this is the last time I will be using it for awhile - because I have had enough after this LO!
I am entering this in the following challenges:
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Gift
Stampin' For The Weekend - Brown and Blue (they will be sick of me over there : ))
Allsorts Challenge - Pearls and Swirls
I used the GCD Studios DP called "Sky Swirls" together with SU DP (the brown with blue polk-a-dots, Chocolate Chip and Bordering Blue card. I used the Cricut to cut out the lettering and the swirl design at the side. I cut it out in the larger size on the chocolate chip and then slightly smaller in the blue. I added blue and white netting, brown lace and the white kaiser flower strip. I also cut some of those flowers off to scatter around the swirl and added diamontes in the centres. The flower sprays have tiny pearls at the ends of them.

I have another three layouts to make by the end of this week. I am going to be busy! Plus I have my friend's wedding to go to in Brisbane on Saturday. You should see the lovely jewellery I bought for myself to wear...I can't wait!

I hope you had a lovely day today, thanks for coming over and visiting my blog.

9 comments:

cheryl said...

this is one gorjus layout hun so love the colurs,love it thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week hugs cheryl xxx

brenda said...

Hello Alicia

What a lovely layout, the colour theme is one of my favourites.

Thank you for joining in my pearls and swirls theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Alicia

I love your layout and the beautiful lace and flowers.

Gorgeous colour scheme and such a cute subject.

Thank you for joining in the Allsorts challenge this week.

Love Jules xx

Tracy said...

Hi Alicia
beautiful and thoughtful gift..keepsake forever!!!
Thanks for taking part this week over at creative inspirations and good luck.
hugs
Tracy
xxx

crafty amy said...

This is so cute I bet your sister loves them :D

Thanks for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

maxine said...

This is a great lo and beautiful page, thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week

Carol Dee said...

Charrlote is ADORABLE. Love the colors an dlayout on this page. Good job, hugs...

jaine drake said...

How fabulous, I love it.

Jenni said...

Love your page, your sister will be thrilled. Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge.
Jenni x