Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Calendar/Diary


I have been umming and aahhing over what to do for a calendar for 2010. I ended up deciding on making my own and combining it with a journal. Whenever I see a spiritual healer, psychic, accupuncturist or naturopath they tell me I am a sensitive person who needs to write to release their emotions. They tell me it doesn't matter what you write, just get the thoughts out! I try so hard with this task, but then I usually give up for a month or so and then buy a new journal and try to start again. I thought having a calendar and journal in one might help me keep on track. I also wanted a calendar for all my birthday reminders and appointments etc and I thought combining the two would be a great record of the year 2010. Seeing I am turning 30 this year, moving interstate, starting a new job, and pretty much changing a lot about my life, I thought it might be an interesting year to record anyway.

I made the front cover first, and I am not 100% happy with how it looks in the photo, but in real life I do like it because the numbers 2010 are more defined. In the photo, they kind of get lost. I got my inspiration for the front cover from the Heather Bailey Blog and I copied one of her pictures for you below. I found this blog through a magazine. She is probably huge in America, but I had never heard of her before. I found her blog to be so inspirational and so colourful! I love colours. If you feel like a little look head on over and maybe you might feel as inspired as I did. The colours of my journal arent quite as bright as her blog, but these papers are brand new from the Craft Cupboard and I thought they would be close enough.Inside I am pasting the calendar for the month and then I plan to have a page a day for the journal. But I need to count all the pages and make sure there will be enough. I have just done January so far and took the photo before I began writing all over it. The papers I have used are {note} worthy by Making Memories. I added a little magnolia down the bottom, again I think looks better in real life. I punched out some pink hearts and used ribbons, lace and flowers from my stash.

I am entering this Calendar/Journal in the following challenges:

Paper Take Weekly - New Beginnings


Roses on Paper - Colouring with your fave mediums (Stampin' Write Markers)

Magnolia Down Under - Stamp with Another Use

ABC Challenge - Layering



Stampin for the Weekend - New Beginnings


It has been a gloriously sunny day here today, and hot! We went and had a look at the beach and it was beautiful! I took some photos and here is one to show you.


I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Thanks for visiting and getting through this very long post!


20 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

What a fantastic idea and such a beautiful keepsake, you sure are going to have a lot to write about this year, wishing you all the best on your new ventures. Beautiful photo of the beach, take care AnnetteX:)

Mummylade said...

Fantastic calendar and what a gorgeous beach photo. Warms a northern European soul :)
Thank you for joining the STFW challenge this week.

Kellie said...

WOWZERS this is amazing! I am just in awe, gorgeous work as always Alicia, Thanks so much for playing along and joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hope to see you back again next challenge. xx

Hugs, Kel
MDUC Site Owner.

Beryl said...

If only you could see the weather over here. Most of the UK is covered in snow, so I think there'll be a lot of beach envy when the folks from the UK see this post. Your calendar/journal looks brilliant - and it's a great idea. Hope you manage to keep it going for the whole year. Thank you for sharing it with us at By the Cute and Girly.
Beryl xx

crafty amy said...

Wow what a great idea I hope you manage to keep your dairy I like you never managed past a few months lol. I can see how the pic inspired you the colours and feel is perfect. You are making me so jealous with that pic of the beach it is all icy and cold here :D

Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Victoria said...

wow what a beautiful creation Alicia. And I'm so envious of the beach and the weather, very much the opposite to here right now!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Unknown said...

This is very, very beautiful!

Carol Dee said...

I love the calendar / journal. What a fabulous idea. The papers used are so refreshing. I had never seen anything of Heather Bailey! WOW. I like her style. :) THE beach looks so inviting. Beats our sub-zero weather, snow and wind. UGH, I don't much like Winter in Iowa, USA.
Have a wonderful weekend, too. hugs...

Nancy said...

Your calendar/journal is lovely, Alicia:O) Love the yummy papers, and the ribbons are a brilliant touch. Tilda is so sweet.
I love the look of that beach:O) I wish I was there. We have lots of snow and 10 degrees below zero, brrrr.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Juls said...

wow!! your diary is just stunning!! I love all the gorgeous pastel colours and the ribbon detail! beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

stephanne said...

Right about now, I think I would sell my soul to be on that beach!!! It is 5 degrees farenheit out here, yuck!!! I love your calender journal!! What you have shown in the photos is beautiful, I wonder just how fabulous this is INR!! The colours and patterns are beautiful together, love the layering, the beautiful bow and flowers in the center and of course, our darling Tilda down there in the corner, okay, so that is pretty much all of it, lol, should have just said "love it all!!"

Writing down what you are feeling or dwelling on is a wonderful way to move past it and also helpful in the future, as you can reread what you've written and it can help you to get in tune with what is affecting you. I am a writer too, I have to write when I am upset, it helps me get over it!! You know us sensitive types, lol!!

Waffle waffle, sorry about that dear!!
Have a wonderful weekend and a great new year!!
Stephanne

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

What a beautiful idea.
Thanks so much for joining Magnolia Down Under challenges.
Kristy x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Your creation is really special and practical , gorgous colours and cute tilda.
You are making me very envious by not only your great crafting but your youth and glorious weather, I'm looking out at snow and its so cold, pretty but cold and slippy.
Thanks for sharing with by the cute and girly. janex

pinky said...

Gorgeous papers and fabulous idea. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
Pinky

Lorraine A said...

wonderful calendar ! :-) absolutely gorgeous :-)

Thanks for joining the ABC and PTW Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

What a great idea and very creative. Your journal/calendar is beautiful. Tilda is so cute too. Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with the MDUC this time. Hope to see you back again for another challnege. The beach looks so beautiful, thanks for sharing your picture.

Debbie Pamment said...

Fabulous idea to combine everything, and it looks gorgeous - wish I could be this organised - LOL.
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

Loz said...

Alicia this is great! Best of luck with the writing... I'm sure you'll manage to keep it up with such a pretty diary. Thanks for the pic of the beach.... sigh..... :)

mrsk06 said...

This is fantastic i never thought of doing it before and it looks absolutly fab! Great job lass!

Take care

Sal x

Ellen said...

What a beautiful calender journal, such a lovely idea !! The beach picture is tempting..... wish I was there :-))

Hugs, Ellen