Monday, February 1, 2010

A card for a special little girl...


This is a card for one of my ex-students. It is her birthday on the weekend and I am sending her this card and a little noteboook as a gift. She is one of those little girls who will always hold a special place in my heart. I wanted to make an extra special card just for her.
I am entering this card in the Quixotic Challenge - "Flutter By" and for this challenge you need to include butterflies. I added some little butterflies that have been in my stash for a long time. I used the SU Next to Navy and Night of Navy card stock and the DP is SU as well. I coloured her with my SU ink pads and Aqua Painter and used the SU markers. I added lots of kindy-glitz to give her some sparkle (it was still wet at the time of the photograph). I threaded some blue ribbon with love-hearts through the lace and stamped the Best Wishes sentiment onto Whisper White card and punched it out. I am also entering this card in the Creative Card Crew Challenge - Punch It!
I spent the morning in town and did some jobs for my Grandparents. They find it hard to get to the shops so I went for them and got all the things they needed. Then we had lunch together. It is so nice to be able to spend more time with them now we are living closer.
I hope you had a lovely Monday. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful and certainly extra special.....all your details are gorgeous!!!
xx

Kellie said...

Naw it's gorgeous and I am sure she will love it! You are such a caring person to take the time to do this for someone. Just melts my heart :)
Hugs Kel xx

Kerrie said...

Your card is so pretty, she will treasure this for a long time...

chris said...

This card is adorable, really really.
love chris xx

Victoria said...

this is just so pretty Alicia, I'm sure she'll love it. Great to hear you're getting to spend more time with your family
Victoria
x

Leigh said...

Pretty card Alicia. I'm sure she'll love it.

Carol Dee said...

Alicia, I know your fomer student will love this card. But mostly love that you remembered her. Also your Grandparents must be delighted you live closer again. Have a wonderful week, hugs...

Alleena Burger said...

This card is beautiful!!

Beccy said...

Such pretty details love the lace.

Beccy x

Amanda said...

I love this card Alicia it is so sweet and beautiful just like you. love Amanda