Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A card for Bob

Uncle Bob had a birthday last week and I am only just getting around to making him a card tonight. He loves cows and so I used this digi-image from the Down on the Farm collection. It was a little plain and boring so I added a border of buttons around to give the card something a bit special and different.


I followed the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday and am also entering the challenge "One for the boys" by Quixotic Challenges.

Life has been very busy for me at the moment which is why I have only posted once again this week. I thought working part-time would free me up to have lots of spare time for crafting, but, I am finding so many other things filling up my time. Our gardens where we live now need lots of work as they haven't been maintained by the people who previously lived here. So I have been trying to work on them one by one, pulling out weeds and planting new plants.

Also last weekend we went and watched Whitney sing in the Hunter Valley. We had a lovely weekend catching up with friends...and when we arrived home there was loads of washing and housework to be done.


Last week we got our new little chickies. They are very cute. We have been keeping them in our bathroom under the heat lamp. This photo is when they are only a few days old.

I hope your life is going smoothly, and you arent too run off your feet...hopefully I will make more time for crafting this week and have more posts to share with you.

Until then,

Take Care

10 comments:

chris said...

Hi there Alicia
wow where to start your card is adorable, love that window of buttons,and that image is so cute.

I know what you mean by time being short I'm with you oon that one.

as for your chicks OMG they are darling.
have a great week love chris xx

mulberry station said...

What a lovely birthday card for your Uncle Bob. He will love it. I like the added buttons around the image. What a fun idea. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Nancy SSW-DT

Carol Dee said...

Fun card with all the buttons.
The baby chicks are so sweet.
I bet you gardens are looking so much better already. Besides paper crafting I love photography and my flower gardens. Hugs...

Stacy said...

Adorable (the card and the chicks) I love all the buttons! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Do What You Love said...

What a lovely card with the buttons all around in the frame - that is so clever! Ooohhh..baby chicks - that must be exciting - I've only seen baby chicks like that at my ex-husband's parents house in Bakersfield, CA. It was a cool experience even though I was an adult - haha :) Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card!! Love the colors and button frame!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Sheri
SSW DT

Kerrie said...

the image is just gorgeous, and the buttons, wonderful idea. ..... but most of all those darling little chicks, are just so so cute...

Loz said...

Love the button border Alicia! Cute cow... can't say the same for those chickens though! I am a major Chook-Phob!! I hate being near chooks... I blame my parents as we always had (they still have) a heap of chooks... or, maybe I'm just a freak! lol! Hope you're settling in ok...

Cheryl said...

Love the card,such a cute image and the buttons look fabulous!!! How cute are those little chickens!!
xx

Jeannie said...

Adorable card Alicia and thanks so much for playing along with us at SSW!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie