Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jo's Card


This card is for my friend Jo who lives on the Gold Coast. It was her birthday this week. She has only recently had her second baby and it is a little boy, so the next card I will make her will be a baby card. I followed the sketch from Stamp With Fun. I was looking for a more complicated sketch today and the current challenge was perfect. I used this gorgeous Tilda for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge "Happy Birthday" for their 1st Birthday Celebration. I went on their celebratory blog-hop and was inspired by the gorgeous cards and some of the yummiest candy I have seen in awhile! Do pop over and check them out, you wont be disappointed.


The DPs I used are from the Kaiser Craft Prairie Lane Collection. I just love them and I purchased these papers some time ago and have been saving them for a special project. I coloured Tilda with SU ink pads, markers and aqua painter. The flowers are from my dwindling stash that needs replenishing super fast! The sentiment is from my overused SU "Oval All"collection.

My last day of the weekend today before I go to work tomorrow. It has been a busy and productive weekend. On Saturday Mum and I planted plants in our huge garden out the front of our house (this took 7 hours). On Sunday we had a family lunch at our place and we sat out under the trees which was lovely and cool.
On Monday I had an interview in town to give me my approval to teach in NSW Public schools, and today Dad came and spread the dirt where we are growing our new lawn and prepared the bonfire for my 30th birthday coming up. So lots has been happening. I hope you are having a productive and happy week. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.




17 comments:

Debra James said...

This card is gorgeous. I love all the pretty detail on your birthday card and love your colour choice. Thanks for playing with Magnolia Down Unders 1st Birthday Challenge. Hugs xxxx

Leigh said...

Love your card Alicia. Excellent colours. Sounds like you are busy at your new home. Good on you.

Kerrie said...

You have been busy.... blog hops are so much fun, but take up so much time. Your card is gorgeous, great photo of family and friends. So when the big 30 birthday bash!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just GORGEOUS Alicia! Your colours and use of the sketch is just WONDERFUL!
Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC for our special birthday week!
xXx

Carol Dee said...

I love the blue/brown color combination and the sweet little Magnolia gal.
It sounds like you have been busy. :) I love working in my flower garden. The vegtable garden is a pain! Always too many weeds. ;)
30 !!! oh my you are just a babe, LOL, my oldest will be 30 this fall...I AM old. Have a wonderful Birthday.
The lunch under the trees looks like a good way to spend an afternoon, too.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Your cute Tilda card is beautiful! your friend Jo will love it!
The papers are really stunning and you coloured her so beautifully!
Hugs
Nicola

Kimba-Slydog said...

Wonderful card!!!!! So gorgeous!!!

Thanks for joining us this week at MDUC.

Hugs,
Nicole

scrapkowa maniaczka - Dorota 71 said...

Piękna interpretacja mapki.
Pozdrawiam z Polski.
Dorota.
(t ja

Loz said...

You sound so busy Alicia!! I hope your interview went well... and I hope the big 3..0 goes even better! You can't go wrong with a bonfire!! Love the colours in your card, and all the layers!! Gorgeous! xx
(BTW - Yeah.. it is me (Loz (Aus))... just wanted a change!!)xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Alicia :)
I ♥ your flowers !!! Gorgeous card :)
Kind Regards
xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

your card is gorgeous, fab colours and sweet tilda. Seening you all enjoying the outside bliss, rool on english summer. Have a great 30th. janex

Kellie said...

WOW you sound busy! This is gorgeous Alicia the papers were made for that sweet Tilda and she looks gorgeous the way you have coloured her up! Thanks so much for joining us for our Birthday Bash this week at MDUC..
Hugs Kel

Alleena Burger said...

Beautiful card. It sounds like life is pretty exciting for you at the moment. Best of luck with the garden and new lawn!!

Peta's Blog said...

Wow, gorgeous card, I love that tilda, and the colours compliment her so well. The flowers match up well with the 'Fabulous friend' stamp and the papers are devine!

Kit said...

sch a beautiful card :o)

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG this is positively gorgeous. I love the colours you used and your colouring of Tilda is just perfect. You rocked this challenge. Thanks for joining us for our first birthday at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Alicia, what a pretty card. The images is adorable and the papers are gorgeous. The embellishments are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x