Thursday, April 22, 2010

Smash Book Recipes - Chocolate Cake


I am beginning a 6x6 recipe scrapbook for my favourite recipes.  I have three or four display folders bulging with recipes and I feel the need to organise the best ones in the one place.  The first recipe I had to add to the collection is my Grandma's Prize Winning Chocolate cake.  This is a family favourite and the only chocolate cake I make.  My brother and sister and I were brought up on it and we love it.



 I used Magnolia stamps for this card and DCWV "Sweet Stack" DP.  I coloured with ink pads and aquapainter and decorated with gold kindy-glitz.  (I got a bit carried away with the kindy-glitz!)  I have included a close-up of the recipe in case you would like to make one yourself.  It is baked in a moderate oven.  (Don't forget to eat the mixture off the bowl before you wash it up...it is delicious!)



And here is a close up of Oops Tilda and the jar of chocolate.  I tried to keep the card flat so it would fit easily into the scrapbook album without too much bulk.  To be honest, I struggled with the colours a bit, trying to find bits and pieces to match.  I had to make do with the blue and white striped ribbon, some twine and the two little flowers all from my stash.  I am awaiting an order on flowers coming soon to me, once all those planes get back up and flying!

I used the machine to stitch around the edges and because of this it qualifies me to enter the "In Stitches" challenges at Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog and Allsorts Challenge Blog.

Now all I need to do is get started on my other favourite recipes to add to the book.  Thanks for dropping in to see me today.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is so beautiful Alicia,so soft and pretty!!! Such a fabulous idea.One of our family favourites is choc chip cookies,I have taken photos of my girls helping make them and when I scrap them I will also add the recipe.looking forward to seeing some more.
xx

Fleur said...

Hi Alicia, this is beautiful. Love the gold touches.Really nice idea.
Thanks for joining ALLSORTS this week, Hugz Fleur xXx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a great idea to put all your favourite recipies in one place...

thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma

Faye said...

How amazing is the project, the detail is fab. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful..And the recipe looks so yummy..
Hugs, Linda

mckinkle said...

Super idea to make your own recipe book, it's lovely that youve got such cherished family recipes too! Super page Alicia!

Whats 1 cup worth? 4 ounces? I like the cup measuring scheme but we aren't that modern over here! lol!

Keryn x

Carol Dee said...

Wonderful way to display your favorite reciepes. I think that one looks YUMMY. CHOCOLATE cake. I have never tried one from scratch. Maybe some rainy day! Hugs...

Loz said...

This is so cute, and something I should also do... however I fear it would be never-ending!! Love that you make Grandma's cake, my grandma always made the BEST little iced cup cakes!
BTW - non-fascinating fact about Loz... she HATES chocolate cake! Yes, what a freak!! lol!!
Have a great weekend, we're expecting a major cold snap down here and hopefully some rain! xx

Bee said...

Hi Alicia,

Just wanted to let you know that I've put your lovely mini wedding card in my 'Designers Spot' over at Bee Crafty, hope you'll pop over for a look :)