Thursday, July 22, 2010


I made this card last night for one of my Aunties for her birthday.  I followed the sketch from Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen Challenge.  I used the colours Pink, Chocolate and White to go with the challenge at Colour Create.  Mainly pinks, with white highlights and a touch of chocolate for her hair.  Because this CC Designs fairy is so cute I am entering her in the Papertake Weekly Challenge - Cutie Patootie.  I coloured her with Copics.

I used Magnolia Papers on the new SU Melon Mambo card with some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The leaf is a die from the current SU mini catalogue.  I added some hatpins as well and a little pink bow.  The Recipe for Happiness digi stamp is a freebie over at Meljen's Designs.  My husband is not a fan of the paper doilies on cards, he thinks they look cheap...I love the way they fill in a space so easily, I would be interested in your opinion.



I had a nice day today, the sun was out, even though it was pretty chilly.  My chickies laid two eggs this morning, so that means another chickie has started laying.  I did a little house cleaning and some crafting - but nothing too serious!

Tomorrow we are having a birthday dinner at our house.  My Husband turned 31 on Tuesday and his sister turned 33 today, so a combined birthday dinner tomorrow night with slow cookers, rice and steamed vegies, and of course birthday cake!

You still have a few days to enter my challenge of six cards in one hour.  Scroll down a few posts to find it.

Hope you are having a nice evening.  Thanks for visiting me today : )

21 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful take on our sketch Alicia, love the sentiment and gorgeous flower arrangement! As for the dolies, yours always look in place, mine keep going back to the storage box lol! Thank you for joining us in our Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen Challenge, hope to see you next week, take careX:)

mckinkle said...

Another super card, I love the colours here and the bp is quite lush!

When you say that it's chilly over there, what sort of temperatures are they?

Keryn x

Carol Dee said...

Keryn has a good question, how cold do your winters get? Here it can go to -20F & days can hover at 0....brrr. So now I fuss about the high heat and humidiy. Ahhhh Summer in Iowa, USA. :)
Todays card is so pretty in the pink shades. Note to self *get some Melon Mambo* Yummy color.
As for the doilies. I have not bought any. There are probably some in Mom's stash. They are pretty nostalgic for me. I remember doing Valentine's and other party favors with them as a child. (Remember I am old enough to be your Mom!)LOL
Big Hugs...

Sharon said...

Wow Alicia this is gorgeous! I love the star paper and those beautiful flowers :) Your colouring is really pretty too.

Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.

Sharon x

Cheryl said...

So beautiful.....love the glitter and distressing!!!
xx

Poppet said...

Beautiful card Alicia. You're right the fairy image is a cutie. I love the frosted edge you have given to your card and the flowers are fab. Thank your for sharing your card with us at CSSC and we hope to see you next week. :-) xx

Unknown said...

oh this is goooorgeous!! love the colours and image xx

Thanks for playing at cowgirl up xx

fairie said...

Wowzer!!! Absolutely stunning!! Love the recepie, it's something very precious. Thanks for joining us at CSSC.

Loz said...

Brrrr, it's cold here this morning! Nice to hear you've been having some sunshine, pity there's still those icy cold breezes. More sunshine for us today too... yay! We're having a morning tea party for the boys' 2nd birthday, so at least all the kids can go outside!!
Anyways... I love your colouring! And your doily looks great - definaltey fills in the space. Have a great sunny Friday ♥

Alison (Groovycrafter) said...

Gorgeous card!!!!
What a fantastic take on our sketch challenge...
This is stunning loving those flowers and that great sentiment.
Thank you for entering Posse 1's challenge this week and hope you'll be back again to show us your wonderful creations at CSSC
Hugs Alison
xxx

Janet said...

Love the doily! Thank you for joining us for "COWGIRL’S SUNDAY STAMP CHALLENGE"!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

beautiful card!! super sentiment. love the use of the doily. Thanks for joining us at CSSC.

Kerrie said...

Gorgeous card! I'm sure your aunt will love it!

Tigger a(r)t work said...

*wow* Alicia,

i love this card it look's great!! The image and the wordart!! wonderful :o)
And thank you for entering Posse 1's challenge this week and hope you'll be back again next week to show us your wonderful creations at CSSC!!!

XOXO
Elke

Sammi said...

Oooh.. this is gorgeous! I have been reading your blog in reader and LOVED this when I first saw it .. and LOVE it still! LOL! I like the doiley.. but then I am going through a bit of a doiley phase just now! :D

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love the image and you've coloured her beautifully. They doiley is a beautiful finishing touch
thanks for joining us at Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen Challenge
Claire xx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card :-) the image is just sooo cute and the papers and embellies are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the PTW Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Beccy said...

Hi Hun
How you enjoying your hols!!! I bet those eggs are delicious.
Love the card the heart looks amazing.

Thanks for sharing with CSSC.

BTW I have candy on my blog

Hugs Beccy x

Christina Hicks said...

I think its gorgeous and since I just used a paper doily on a scrapbook layout, I agree with you, lol. Thanks for sharing your creation at CSSC!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Alicia - this is gorgeous! I lov all of your details! Thanks for playing along at 'Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen' Challenge'! I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous projects next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda CSSC Guest Designer

Di said...

This is fabulous!! love the heart, and youe auntie will just love it!!
thanks for joining Colour Create
Hugs Di xxxx