Thursday, July 8, 2010

PaperPlay DT Card - Your Number's Up

Hi Blogging Buddies,
I have three cards to share with you today!  The theme at PaperPlay Challenges this week is "Your Number's Up"! And that means you have to create a card - could be a birthday card, or an anniversary card with numbers on it.  The prize is a $15 store voucher at Simon Says Stamp!

I have made three cards...

The first card I made was for my neice Molly who turned two this week.  I used my new Magnolia pony stamp - I love this image.  I followed the sketch from Create 4 Fun Challenge.  I also used Magnolia DP and a square lace doily.  I cut out the number on the Cricut and distressed it with ink and added some gold glitter and faux stitches.  I like the ribbon - it has the gold stars on it and so I added some gold sprigs as well coming out of the flowers.  I wanted to enter this card into the Creative Inspirations Challenge - On the Move
 The next two cards my Mum asked me to make for her.  They are for two of my old Primary school teachers (but they are also family friends).  One is turning sixty and the other is turning seventy.  For the Sixty card below I made a Tri-shutter card.  I have always thought these cards look so cool - but I have never had a go at one before.  They are actually much easier than I thought they would be.  I folowed the utube instructions here.  I had to use DP as my base as I had run out of 12 inch card stock and only had A4 card left.  It wasn't flimsy though because of the layering I put over the top.
This is what it looked like closed and from the front.  I distressed the edges and inked up the doily so it wasn't so white.  I wanted to match it to the cream lace.  I used a roller stamp on Very Vanilla card stock with Creamy Caramel ink where you can see the leaf pattern.  I added two little baby pegs and some gingham ribbon.  I would like to enter this card in the One Stop Craft Challenge - Distressing.
 The final card I followed the sketch from Crafting Life's Pieces and used the colours from The Play Date Cafe - red, pink and white.  The digi image is from Paper Cupcakes.  I have used this digi-image a lot.  I like its simplicity and versatility.

I used two different types of lace, SU DPs and added some flowers, a tag and a ribbon.



Thats about it from me today...hope you are having a good week.

Alicia xx

15 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Back from holiday and busy already. All 3 cards are very pretty. I really like the card for your neice. hugs...

gina g said...

Wow gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Loz said...

Wow! You've been super busy!! Have a nice relaxing break on the Gold Coast? These are all fabulous! love the pink pony and that awesome Tri-shutter card! Haven't made one of those yet either!! Gorgeous! ♥

NGCARDS said...

Lovely work. Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Deirdre said...

Wow Alicia, amazing cards. Love them all.

chris said...

Hi Alicia, wow you have been very busy and wow what a beautiful set, they are gorgeous all of them, but I especially love the middle one, its so different and I love different.
hugs chris xx

Patricia Mae said...

This came out so cute. Love it. Love the colors. Thanks so much for playing in our challenge this month.
~Patricia
CLP

Kerrie said...

Both your cards are just gorgeous!.... I enjoy visiting the gold coast.... the weather is just divine!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Alicia, all your cards are fabulous. I love the unique fold of the middle card and your last card, the colors really caught my eyes.

Basslady said...

your cards are all so brilliant!
hard to describe how marvellous they are!
work of arts!

xoxo silvi (germany)

Unknown said...

wow..3 totally stunning cards...you have been busy lol..

Thanks for playing at one stop xx

Leigh said...

Lovely cards you've made Alicia.

Elise said...

Oh wow! I love how you've rotated Chelsea's sketch! Very creative! Your cards are sooo pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

mckinkle said...

Wow three stunning cards Alicia, the sweet pony image is stunning and so useful for allsorts of occasions!

I love your side-step card, I should try and have a go at that style!

Hope youve had a wonderful holiday!

Keryn x

Chelsea said...

Hi Alicia,
Wow, these are all so pretty!
The Pony is simply too sweet, I'm sure your niece will adore this card.
So glad you see you join the CLP sketch challenge. Would love to see you back next month.
Luv,
Chelsea