Thursday, August 12, 2010

Smash Book Recipes - Quick Mix Chocolate Slice


In my quest to define some Scrapbooking goals for myself I have decided to add to my Recipe book.  This is a mini 6x6 Album that I want to hold all of my most favourite recipes.  It currently holds one (sad, I know) but now has this lovely recipe in as well so that makes two!


This slice is Ben's absolute favourite and it is so quick and easy to make.  Click on the pictures to enlarge and see the writing more clearly.  If you want to make it yourself ice the top with 1 cup of Icing sugar, 2 tablespoons of cocoa and some hot water, then cover with sprinkles.  I couldn't fit the icing onto the recipe card...I know if off by heart anyway, but I thought I would include it in this post for those of you who might like to give it a try. 

The Recipe card I kept fairly simple.  I followed the sketch from Crafty Calendar.  I used Rose Red SU Card Stock, Magnolia DP and a Magnolia Stamp.  I coloured the Magnolia Stamp with Copics and would like to enter the challenge at Mad For Markers - Colouring White.

I added some pretty ribbon and lace at the top of the card, some Prima flowers I sprayed with Gold Glimmer Mist and some pearls.  I would like to enter the challenges:
Lots to Do - Ribbons and Lace.
Sweet Stampin' - Pretty in Pink
Creative Card Crew - Cute and Girly


Thanks for visiting my blog today.

15 comments:

Jessie said...

It's beautiful Alicia!

crafty creations said...

What a fabulous way of saving your favourite recipes - brilliant !!!

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Carol Dee said...

YUMMY I love anything chocolate. Pretty card too. Your idea of simply is my idea of EXTRA *over the top* FANCY! LOL, Hugs...

Ruth said...

This is such a pretty recipe card! I think I'll have to give the Chocolate slice a try,too! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge, Ruth :)

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, the recipe sounds yum! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Unknown said...

fabby..may have to try that recipe lol...Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Lavender and old lace said...

this is very beautiful, I love it take care love Dorothyxx

Sammi said...

oooh... this looks gorgeous Alicia! Great job on the recipe card and YUMMO.. that slice sounds great!
I might have to give it a go I think!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at M4M!!
Sammi
xxx

mckinkle said...

Aww this is so lovely Alicia, what a great family keep sake for your grandbabies!! Yeah, I realise Im talking years away! lol!

I love the recipe too, might just have to have a little play with that myself!

Keryn x

Zoechaos said...

Great recipe card and is that SU's new pink ribbon? Fabulous take on the LTD lace and ribbon theme thank you for joining us. xx Zoe

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

What a lovely idea, and gorgeous creation.
Thanks for joining us @ 'Mad 4 Markers'.
hugs
Sue x

Annette Bowes said...

Wonderful idea Alicia, gorgeous layout, the recipe sounds yummy. Thank you for joining us in our Colouring White Challenge this month over at Mad for Markers, hope to see you next month, take careX:)

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful card Alicia. I love the idea. Great work as always
mwah
TRace

Donna said...

Such a sweet card and a great take on our sketch this month! Thanks for joining in the fun at The Crafty Calendar :) Donna x

Lisa said...

Hi Alicia, Gorgeous! I love the papers and the flowers are so pretty.

Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Lisa x