Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Set of Six Beach Cards


I saw the challenge over at the Craft Garden for Beach Huts and I followed their link to the free Beach Hut digi image at Little Musings. This challenge inspired me to make this card above for my Uncle whose birthday is coming up soon. I wanted to amake a set of six cards and so I had the DPs and ribbon completed for each one. So then I went on to make this card...


Perhaps a girlier version. I found these flowers in a drawer I hardly open and thought...
they go perfectly. Then I made a few flower cards.
I folowed the sketch from Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog.
Then I finally made another Beach Hut card...this time with some brighter colours.
I would also like to enter the "Something Old, Something New" challenge at Crafty Angels. The old is my old blue flowers. The new is the digi image. I would also like to enter the "Scenic Route" challenge at Lots to Do (my scene is the beach) and Crafty Calendar Challenges - "Summer".

Today I got my car washed...it hadnt been washed in very, very long time and we want to trade it in for a ute...so it needs to be sparkling! I also went to the hairdresser and got a book printed for school. Three jobs and after that I came home exhausted. There is something very tiring about going to town. Ellie ran back to Mum and Dad's early this morning so she has spent the day back down there with their other dogs. I will have to go and get her again tomorrow. I think she might miss her furry companions...even though she has more freedom here at our place.

I dont have any plans for tomorrow except for a Chiropractic appointment in the afternoon...so who knows what the day will bring! Lets hope a bit of card-making!

Thanks for visiting,

19 comments:

mckinkle said...

wow, these are stunning, blue isnt a colour I gravitate towards but these are just gorgeous!
and you talk about me having a card making factory at home??!! lol!!

Lovely photo of Ellie, she is GORGEOUS! My hubby wants a collie dog but that wont happen! He doesnt like walking our 2 little dogs!

Fab photos on yesterdays post, beautiful almond tree, Ive never seen one before.

Keryn x

Carol Dee said...

Oh what a lovely set of cards. The flowers are my fave. The beach huts are cute, too. They do not have them on the river sand bars we frequent. LOL. Have a wonderful relaxing day. hugs...

Cheryl said...

WOW these are beautiful and love the colours of the beach huts and the flowers are gorgeous!!!
xx

Von said...

How neat are those beach huts :)
Von

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful Alicia! You're doing everything in 6's how good is that! It takes me all my time to make one!!!!

chris said...

All so so beautiful Alicia.

Jaqi said...

How wonderful, what beautiful cards . I adore your little beach huts they are super.
All of the cards are beautiful, i bet you had fun making these.
Thanks for sharing

crafty creations said...

Wow Alicia you have been busy and produced some beautiful work - love the flowers and all the colours you've used

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Zoechaos said...

Stunning beautiful cards. Love that blue you can just sink into it and get lost. Fabulous, love them all thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week. xx Zoe

Merry said...

Oh wow Alicia...these card are all terrific. I have some of that Design paper it looks so different the way you have used it.

Annette Bowes said...

More wonderful blue creations Alicia, you rock at making sets of six! Love your flowers, take careX:)

Kerrie said...

Once again... how do you do it.... you just amaze me ... these 6 cards are just stunning... I might be up your way in a few weeks, and if you would you like to have a coffee....

Sassy Scrapper said...

Awesome beach cards. I can't believe how many you can get done. Just amazing. The soft petals of the flowers are such a nice touch. The cottage images are so cute!
Hugs Bonnie

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Beautiful. Lynne M

Val said...

Wow - absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin' this week. Come back soon.
Hugs
Valx

Jeannie said...

Absolutely gorgeous girl!!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Neet said...

Love the colour of your cards - those flowers are amazing - wonder if they are on sale over here? Great cards and the beach huts takes me back to Dinard (France) and makes me smile happily.

Leigh said...

What an absolutely gorgeous set of cards. I love the colours and the flowers are so perfect for the cards. Great image too. The blue is so beachy and definitely the colour of the ocean at times.

Anonymous said...

These are stunning! Love those flowers and the beachy feel of the set.