Monday, September 13, 2010

Back To School Card

Hi Blogging Buddies,
I made this card last week before our weekend trip to Sydney, but havent had the chance to blog it yet.  I have been wanting to make a "Back to School" card to fit with all the challenges...even though it is not so relevant to life here in Australia as we hare 3/4 of the way through our school year and only two weeks off holidays...but I still wanted to join in the fun!
I used papers and flowers from the Craft Garden from the Prima So Cute collection which you can buy here.  I coloured my Tilda stamp in with Copic Markers and I tried to colour her so it looked like a school uniform.  I added some lace and ribbon.  I chose the word "Growing" because little kids are always growing up so fast and in the blink of an eye they seem to be years older.  For the stems of the flowers I cut up some Old Olive SU ribbon and for the centres of the flowers I added buttons.  The pocket that the flowers are "growing" out of came from the papers as well.  The collection has a nice variety of different cut-outs, words and pictures.  The paper I used on the base of the card has lines on it, similar to a school exercise book.

I wanted to join in the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew - Back to School
Fab'n'Funky - What 'eva
I am off to blog-hop now.  Thanks for visiting my blog today.

11 comments:

Jessie said...

Awww, what a cute card Alicia and the pocket is a fab idea!

Suzie said...

Stunning! I love the flowers and your colouring of Tilda is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

Kerrie said...

OMG.... this is just fantastic, you have put so much work into this card.

karenw said...

very sweet card Alicia. i especially like the lace in the background. xx

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous card Alicia, love your button flowers, just perfect for going back to school. Love your pics of Sydney, those coffees look yummy, can almost smell them lol! Take careX:)

Carol Dee said...

I love the way you colored Tilda's uniform. She looks so ready to go to school. We are starting week 4 here in the states. Have a good week, hugs...

chris said...

Hi Alicia, this is perfect, love all the detail and that pocket is so gorgeous. hugs chris xx

Julie M said...

I love it, Alicia. Fab idea to start with, the flowers, that uniform (total success!!) and the lovely vibrant colours. All gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Julie xx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Alicia your Back to School card is darling. I'm loving the colors and Tilda is so cute! Great job with the flowers it's a fabulous touch.
Hugs Bonnie

Kiki said...

This is simply gorgeous! All these details ... fantastic!!!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Squirrel x said...

Wonderful card hun and gorjuss flowers. Thanks for playing at TG this week. Hugs, Sxx