Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Christmas Angel Candles

Goodevening blogging buddies,

My Auntie is preparing for a market stall just before Christmas and she asked me to decorate some candles for her. Her market stall has an angel theme so I used Christmas angel stamps and a sentiment that says:

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
May your guardian angel
Watch over you


I went for a red colour theme. These are just the first four candles...I'm not sure how many she would like done. They are pretty quick and easy though. I followed the instructions from Split Coast Stampers...don't have the link sorry as I printed the instructions out last year. I wrapped them in cellophane so they are all ready to be sold. I think they would make a cute little christmas gift.



I would like to enter these candles in a few challenges:

Stamp Something - Something to Celebrate (Christmas)
Charisma Cardz - Christmas Crafting
Alphabet Challenge - W is for Wings
Paper Sundaes - Something from your stash
(very old ribbon and even older love-heart felt sticky stuff)

It was an absolutely gorgeous spring day here today. I did a bit of gardening until about lunchtime and then crafted in the afternoon. My perfect day really. Mum and my auntie came up for afternoon tea and I made a yummy chocolate cake to eat. You will have to excuse the dodgy photo of us...none of us were wearing any make-up, fancy clothes or salon hairstyles...but wanted to share with you the beautiful spring afternoon. (Mum is in the blue shirt, my auntie is in the black shirt.) I hope you had a lovely day. Thanks for visiting my blog.



7 comments:

Dazie said...

these are so pretty I hope they sell really well!
Dazie
x

Jessie said...

Lovely photo Alicia and the candles are soooo beautiful!

Loz said...

Great candles,and that choccie cake sure looks good in your photo! I just saw your name as a winner at Cards for Men - yes I'm probably slow - but congrats anyways!! Enjoy the sunshine, we're back to rain & storms tomorrow
xx

Carol Dee said...

I see an empty chair at the table, I would LOVE to join you. What a wonderfyul setting for afternoon tea. If it is not gnats, it is flies or mosquitos keeping us and the food indoors.
The candles are great. I like the heart border best. Hugs....

Gem said...

oh what a fabulous christma project! Thanks for joining in this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Sassy Scrapper said...

Those cangle are really precious and I just love the saying on them!!!!
Thanks for sharing your photo and you all look lovely on such a lovely day!!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Kerrie said...

Those candles will sell like hot cakes!.... stunning.... now, what a lovely afternoon sharing with family over a hot cuppa and cake!