Sunday, October 10, 2010

Here Comes the Bride...(and groom)...


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I have been spoiled today and have been able to craft all day long...what bliss! I have been busy making cards but today I want to show you some cards I made a few days back...these wedding cards. I dont usually make wedding cards...but am trying to get into it a bit more.

(Speaking of weddings...yesterday I took all our wedding negatives to the photo shop to get them put onto a cd. We got married in 2002 and the photographers were still using negatives back then...so it will be fun to have them on the computer and check them out. I will have to blog a couple so you can have a sticky-beak.)


I used an image from Bee Crafty. I like this image because of it's simplicity. I coloured with copics and paper pieced the dress and his suit. Then I put kindy-glitz all over the dress. I started off with the copper organza ribbon, but then it ran out :( so I had to go for black with white polka-dots. I inked the edges of the paper doily with Vintage Photo ink and then glimmermisted it. I layered some Friskars DT on top of copper card and then black.


I thought I would play along with a few challenges:

A Spoon full of Sugar - Sparkle and Shine
Digital Tuesday - Ribbons, buttons and/or bling
Allsorts - Song Title (Here Comes the Bride)

Thanks for visiting...I hope you had a nice weekend.

8 comments:

Merry said...

These are so lovely. Really like your paper piecing and the way you have coloured their hair.

mckinkle said...

Oh How organised you are Alicia! You can take the teacher out of the school.......lol! I am so envious, I wish I was more organised but I get caught up too much in this world world of blogging!

I for one am looking forward to seeing some of your wedding photos! I shalln't promise not to cry though!

Keryn x

Carol Dee said...

Sweet wedding cards. Always good to have in you stash! Oh YES, I would love to see your wedding photos. I bet you where the most beautiful bride :) DH and I got married April 1977! It is fun to look at the photos from that day. My goodness we where YOUNG (20) Oh-dear I just gave away my age *grin* Hope the up coming week is a good one for you, hugs...

Fleur said...

Gorgeous cards, such a cute couple
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

sue said...

Alicia, your cards are gorgeous! Maybe you could scrap some of your wedding photos!!?

P.S. I love those Christmas cards too. Might have to cardlift them. LOL!

KarenB said...

These are lovely Alicia! I love the touches of sparkle :) Thanks for your visits to my blog and your kind comments, they are appreciated very much x

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful wedding cards, love the sparkles on the dress. Looking forward to having a sticky beak lol! Wonderful Christmas cards and Jessie and Jack are growing, take careX:)

scotspanda said...

fabulous cards, the image is just great so simple and lovely

thanks for joining in with my musical theme this week :o)

Hugs

Amanda xx