Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mad For Markers - DT - Fairy Wands



Hi Blogging Buddies

I have something a bit cute to share today...some magical fairy wands.
I was shopping in one of my local cheap shops and found a pack of two plain fairy wands for only $3 and thought they would be a great stocking filler for my neices; Charlotte (5), and Molly (2). I decided to make one pink because that is Charlotte's favourite colour and the other one purple because Molly doesn't have a favourite colour yet, that I am aware of, but purple is my sister's favourite colour. (I think my sister would be secretly pleased if one of her girls loved the colour purple because she was a big purple fan when we were kids.) I painted them with Acrylic Craft Paint and then a top coat of Glitter Paint for added sparkle. I cut out two silver circles with nesties and coloured in these cute little Maggies in the following Copic colours:


Skin: E21, E11, E00, R20
Hair: Y11, E11, Y08, E33, Sand Spica
Pinks: R37, RV06, RV04, Blossom Spica
Purples: V17, V15, V04, Lavender Spica


My how I am loving those Spica pens!! They give a bit of glitz without bulging the paper like Kindy Glitz can sometimes do. Check out Sammi's M4M Store to buy some for yourself...but I will warn you...get the whole set...because once you own a few of these Spicas you quickly want the whole collection!!!

I added some crystal beads and silver Christmas decoration...not sure what you call it, but I found that in the cheap shop as well.


Don't forget you still have some time left to enter the "Anything but a Card Challenge" here at Mad for Markers...if you see some fairy wands in your travels you may like to have a go at decorating some yourself! Upload them here and share your creations.


I would like to enter these wands in the following challenges:

Just Magnolia - Anything Goes + Beads
Top Tip Tuesday - Christmas Inspired
Crafty Creations - Fables and Fairy-Tales

Thanks for stopping by,

11 comments:

Saskia said...

Ooooh... sweet and so lovely!! Beautiful idea!

Great to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Greetings, Saskia

Carol Dee said...

I love the Fairy wands and am sure the neices will also! We cal teh silver strands used *tinsel* and hang it from the tree to resemble icicles. (Used too anyway, the cats LOVE it!)
hugs...

Loz said...

these are gorgeous Alicia and will be sure winners on Christmas Day! ♥

linda said...

These are so pretty!! What a great idea :)

Jeannie said...

Hi Alicia - these are too ca-ute!!!
What kind of card are we supposed to do for Paper Play Challenges this week, do you know?

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Merry said...

These are wonderful creations and I am sure your nieces (and sister) will love them. Love the idea too.

Sharon said...

These are so cute, my girls would love them!!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Sharon x

Tamie said...

Alicia these are so cute, my daughter and neice would just love, love, love them. Your creation is very inspiring. Our new challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks is up tomorrow (Thursday), we would love it if you would come and join us...share a little bit of inspiration with us! What a fabulous creation. Congrat's again!Have a wonderful Thursday!

Hugs,
Tamie - 4 Crafty Chicks DT.
http://4craftychicks.blogspot.com/

Kerrie said...

Those two little girls will just love there fairy wands.... they are so adorable...

Sassy Scrapper said...

Wicked cute fairy wands! What an inventive idea. A perfect place for the lovely Tilda! Hugs Bonnie

Sammi said...

these are just precious!! LOVE them and I am sure some little girls are going to love them even more!! That will be a good motivation to love purple if you ask me! tee hee!
Gorgeous work!!!
Sammi
xx