Sunday, November 21, 2010

Teacher Thank You/Christmas Cards and Matching Bookmarks


Hi Blogging Buddies,

I was thinking that it might be a good time to sell some teacher Thank you/Christmas cards. It is getting to the end of the school year in Australia and sometimes parents are looking for a little gift to give their child's teacher as a way of saying thank you for teaching their child for the year and to wish the teacher a Merry Christmas.


I used Meljen Designs images to make a card and a bookmark. I made them in traditional Christmas colours and coloured with Copics.

The colours I used are:

Reds: RV29, R46, R59
Greens: YG63, YG03, YG11
Browns: E37, E33
Pink: RV02
Cool Shadow:BG10


The book mark is decorated on both sides. The front says "I love my teacher" and on the back there is lines for the child to write the teacher a message. This way the teacher will always remember who gave them the gift.


I would like to enter these in the following challenges:
The Crazy Challenge - Thank you or Thanksgiving
Creative Card Crew - Lets Give Thanks
Stamp Something - Something with Thanks
Our Creative Corner - Create a Holiday 3D project
Saturday Challenge - Hand made Christmas Gifts
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything but a Card
I did it Creations - Traditional Christmas Colours




I went a bit overboard on all the photos included in this post : )
It took me so long to make them all....I was a bit snap happy when I had finished!!



If you have made it all the way down here you have done well! Lol
The new kitchen chairs look fabulous! I am so happy with them and will post a photo of them soon. We are hopefully lawn mowing today as our grass is out of control! But Ben has to fix the lawn mower again before we can start. Every time I get on it something goes wrong with it....maybe a message telling me not to mow! Ben will probably mow and I will either whipper snip or use the round-up...all of the burrs are changing over. The winter ones are dieing off and the summer ones are coming up. The winter ones are all getting stuck in Ellie's coat and I have to brush her everyday to get them out. Our lawn out the front we planted by seed in March is finally coming through - so very exciting! Just have to get the weeds out of the way now so it can hopefully take over! Lots to do outside...honestly how good it would be if you could just stay home and work on the house and yard and get paid for it!
Hope your Sunday is fun, thanks for visiting.

20 comments:

Loz said...

these are gorgeous!! I have a couple to make myself - can't believe Hay's going to school next year! Have a great day mowing... dig the bindi's out - only way to get rid of them ♥

Shelly Koskinen said...

These are adorable!!!

Kerrie said...

What great gifts for the teachers .... Its the perfect weather for mowing lawns, and generally having a day around the house, all our lawns are mowed, pool is clean, now I'm thinking a BBQ for dinner!... the weather is warming up, and I'm just loving daylight saving!

Lori Turner said...

these are adorable!! I love that little worm - he's so cute! :) Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week...

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

Curly said...

Wow Alicia, Fabulous creations and so beautifully coloured,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 110 Handmade Christmas Gifts,
Good luck,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

chrissy xx said...

They are Gorgeous. LOve them. Ideal pressie for teacher! Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
Chrissyxx

Carol Dee said...

These are wonderful. I find it amazing that your school year is winding down and we are not to the 1/2 way mark here in the U.S. Our yard work now consisted of removed old vegitaion and raking leaves and putting the mower in storgage for the winter. :( Have a great day, hugs...

Julie Leblanc said...

These are fun and Very lovely, thanks for playing along at OCC.
Hugs, Julie

Bonnie Garby said...

What a great idea! I love your teacher card/bookmark sets. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

sara said...

So cute Thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas club
hugs Sara x

Lori said...

Great teachers gifts, thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge, we're happy to have you!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabulous gift

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Merry said...

Too clever.....wonderful cards and a great idea with the matching bookmark.

paper fun said...

What adorable teachers gift and card. You will make your children's teachers feel really special.
I bet you're a great mom.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Cheryl said...

WOW these are fantastic and your colouring is brilliant!!! BTW I have an award on my blog for you!!
xx

Tamie said...

Love, love, love them!!! That image is so stinkin' cute and just perfect for teacher's. I love the bookmark idea. It seems that I always forget about them...yours are awesome and the colors and coloring rocks!!! Thanks so much for sharing these inspiring projects with us this week at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leigh said...

Fabulous cards and gifts Alicia. Love that apple and worm.

Helen said...

These are really sweet!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous creations :-) I am sure the teachers will just love these :-)

Happy Thanksgiving :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x