Saturday, December 11, 2010

Something a little different...I am on a Billboard!


Hi Blogging Buddies,
I have an unusual post for you today!
Yesterday I was working on a Grade One class and it poured rain all day...flooding was starting to occur and roads were being closed. Children in certain areas had to have their parents notified to come and collect them because they may not have been able to get home...anyway one lady came and picked up her daughter and she said to me "By the way you are on a billboard outside our shop"...I said "I beg your pardon"...she said "at The Complete Garden"...I was like "ohhhh" and then I recognised her as the owner of The Complete Garden.

Back in January my auntie was having lunch with a local photographer she is friends with and he was looking for a couple in their early thirties to be on a TV advertisement. My auntie suggested Ben and I, so we went along to this beautiful garden and had some video footage and photos taken of us. It was quite fun actually and we were on the Tv ad for awhile...but now they have put up this rather large sign out the front of their shop and I am on one side of the board.

Its a bit exciting really...something that doesnt happen every day...and has never happened to me before so I thought I would share it,,,it certainly made a rainy Friday afternoon a bit more interesting!

8 comments:

Loz said...

Woo Hoo! You look gorgeous in that pic, wish that was my backyard!!
I am so over the rain and the humidity! We're supposed to get more storms on Wed... where have the dry, hot days gone - I miss them :(
Have a great weekend ♥

karenw said...

Just beautiful - you're a natural!

Hope the flooding has eased, I can't remember as much water as we've had here in the past month - astonishing really.

Have a great christmas, it's been great getting to know you (esp now you are a star!) over the past few months. I will catch you in January. xx

Jessie said...

Congratulations!!! That's so cool!!!

Carol Dee said...

I am not at all surprised! You are so lovely. What fun though to have everyone see :) Hugs...

Cheryl said...

How exciting.....a lovely photo of you!!!
xx

Leigh said...

Oh wow, I do like the photo they chose to use. So relaxing.

Jeannie said...

So very cool!!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kerrie said...

What a lovely billboard!.... i've worked in the industry all my working life, and I would never get in front of the camera, I'm alway behind, but both my girls have done lots of television work!