Thursday, December 2, 2010

Southern Girls DT - Heat Embossing




Hi Blogging Buddies
Today is the beginning of a fresh challenge at Southern Girls.
The challenge is to use Heat Embossing.
I used heat embossing for the silver butterflies and flowers on my purple DP and for the sentiment. I actually made two of these cards (exactly the same) to give to my cousins for their birthdays.


My image is from Karen's Doodles and I coloured with Copics.
Purples: BV17, BV13, BV00, BV02
V17, V15, V06, V04, B60
Greens: G14, YG06, YG03
Outline: BG10


Plenty of Kindy Glitz was added to give lots of sparkle!

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Lots to Do - Embossing
Alphabet Challenge - E is for Embossing
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes Birthday
Flutter By Wednesday - Use a butterfly, fairy or angel


So why not pop on over to Southern Girls and link up a project using heat embossing. There are, as always, great prizes up for grabs.


15 comments:

Carol Dee said...

These are just teh cutest Birthday cars. They are going to love them. Hugs....

Loz said...

these are so pretty Alicia! I love the colours and the embossing looks great! I need a heatgun so I can do it more - although my hair-straightner does get the job done hehe! ♥

Viv said...

Gorgeous cards Alicia! Love the embossing (something I don't do enough of) , and the colours are yum! Viv xx

Merry said...

Oh wow...these are so beautiful...love the colours and the colouring Alicia. Those flowers in the corner are perfect too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the image & the colours are great. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Annette Bowes said...

Purplicious Alicia! These are just gorgeous! Cute image, great embossing, sure wish I was your cousin lol! I am sure they are going to love them. Take CareX:)

Zoechaos said...

Very pretty cards love the embossed background, thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do xx Zoe

Michelle said...

Really pretty cards Alicia. Love your colouring as always and the kindy glitz too!

Michelle :-)

Danni said...

How sweet!! and adorable!Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

crafty creations said...

Really pretty card

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Carolina said...

Very pretty and lovely card. Thank you for joining the Alphabet challenge

paige said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love the colors you chose! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Nancy said...

I just love that image...may have to have it myself! Thank you for joining us at both Party Time Tuesdays and Flutter By Wednesdays this week!

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous card in perfect colours, love your papers too just fab, thank you for joining us at Magical Monday this week, good luck big hugs Pops x x x

Basslady said...

my goodness...i definitely LOVE your card!

so delicious...your colouring is stunning!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo