Saturday, December 4, 2010

Two Monochrome Cards and Christmas Pics



Hi Blogging Buddies,

Welcome to the weekend!!
We took our two mowers into town today to get serviced and fixed. We have had such lovely rain and humid weather that all the plants are thriving, including the lawn! This means there is lots of mowing to do and our poor machines aren't quite coping. Hopefully after a visit to the Co-op they will be home again soon rearing to go!! Our house may be hidden by an overgrown lawn by then...but what can you do!


Today is my mother-in-law's 60th Birthday and we are going out to dinner tonight. I am really looking forward to it! I made her a card from the whole family in purples because it is her fave colour. I used flower digis from Meljen Designs...I love her digis!


I coloured them with Copics...(using just about every purple I own!)
BV17, BV02, BV00
V17, V15, V09, V06, V04
Outline: BG10


This next card is for my Brother-in-law he loves these types of cars and owns one as well. I just did an image search for this one to colour.
I decided to stay in black and white colours to keep it masculine.

Copics used:
Black: 100
Greys: C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7, B60
Clear and Silver Spica pens
White gel pen


I was putting our Christmas tree up on the 1st of December and Honey our cat was very interested to help. She loves these bells. I always put them on the bottom branches so she can reach up and play with them. I just had to share these cute little photos with you. She looks so serious...probably wants to know why I am gawking at her with a camera!


Before I go, I would like to enter a couple of challenges:

Allsorts - Monochrome
Craft Your Passion - Monochrome
4 Crafty Chicks - Birthday
Fab'n'Funky - Birthday
Moving Along with the Times - For Someone Special

Thanks for stopping by,
Enjoy your Saturday!




13 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Purplicious 60th card Alicia, your MIL is going to loooove it! Your flowers are gorgeous, love the button centres and beautiful ribbons to! Perfect male card! Honey obviously likes the camera, lying there posing lol! Take careX:)

karen said...

Oh wow these are fab cards. I love those flowers, so pretty. Great pics of the cat! Thanks for joining our birthday party at fab n funky....Karenx

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - your MIL will love it .. the flowers are so pretty in the lilac colours
Love the pic of your cat ... mine does exactly the same
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

Pami said...

Your cards are lovely Alicia, I love the flowers on your mother in laws card. And Honey looks very cute! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Carol Dee said...

Two great cards and a wonderful photo of Honey. She is so cute. (I am partial to calicos.) Looks like you are ready for the holiday. :) Hugs...

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

Two fantastic cards. I love the flowers from Meljens designs too, love all her images.

Super sweet cat! How kind of you to put the bells down low for her, or is it just that you know she would climb the tree to get them otherwise lol.

Michelle :-)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah your Kitty is so sweet under the tree. Love the cards too they are super. Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous cards, love the flowers on the first & thats a fab car!!
Your kitty looks as tho shes having loadsa fun...we are putting ours up tomorrow, fed up of being nagged at by our girlies lol
Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & Craft Your Passion this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

Loz said...

great cards - our plants are all thriving too.. and the mozzies! You should see the welts on the kids legs, poor things.
Did you make the tree skirt? I so need one! ♥

Brenda Brown said...

Favbulous cards Alicia, I am sure your MiL loved her one. Great cat pics too.
Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT.
luv {brenda} xox

Unknown said...

Your monochrome cards are gorgeous! I love that 60th Card. SO much lovely detail and those flowers are lush! So nice to see a fellow Aussie in blog-land. Even if I do live over in the UK now. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. x x

Tamie said...

what a stunning 60th card! Your flowers are so pretty but when you show the close up of them...they are super awesome! Love the paper and the flowers too! Your other b-day card rocks too! Thanks for sharing your inspiring cards with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. They are awesome.

Leanne said...

Very Cute, I love the flowers! Thanks for playing with us!

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!