Tuesday, January 11, 2011

M4M DT - Australia Day Colours


Hi Blogging Beauties,

There is a new challenge over at Mad for Markers and the theme is Australia Day. You have to use the colours red, white and blue or yellow and green. I chose red, white and blue for this one and thought I would go with a Nautical-themed card.

I used scraps of paper, some recycled ribbon, and a computer typed sentiment. I used some white Fun Flock on the ocean spray and clouds to give a textured look and a little Kindy-Glitz on the water. The Fun Flock is brand new and I managed to get bits of it everywhere!!


I coloured with Copics and I used the following colours:

Blues: B29, B97, B45, B24
Reds: RV29, R59, R35, R37
Skin: E00, E21
Hair: E47, E37, E35
Greys: C-3, C-5, B60,
Outline BG10

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Lets Tie One On
Cupcake Craft - Something New (Fun Flock)
Just Magnolia - Anything Goes
My Partner in Crafting Crime - Something New (Fun Flock)

If you are up for some colouring fun head on over to Mad for Markers and upload your creations!

19 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh gosh! I cannot tell you how much I love this! I need to ink my Sailor Edwin up! Fantastic card!Thank you so much for joining us at MSL! :)

Claire said...

Hi Alicia:-) what a gorgeous card. In fact I just had a wander around your blog and wow, all your cards are amazing!!
Claire xx

Leigh said...

Love your Australia Day card Alicia.

Michelle said...

That would be one big ginormous WOW!!

Love it Alicia!

Gosh, don't know where to start. The whole layout is just fabulous and the red embossed cards just works so perfectly and of course your colouring as always is awesome.

Oh oh oh, and that ribbon is simply stunning.

Michelle :-)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Alicia, what a fantastic card. I love the images and the layout is stunning. The ribbon is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

Aaaaw he's such a cute little sailor Alicia. Love the spotty PP and the eye catching ribbon too.

Robin said...

Really great card... love the new fun flock! Thanks for playing with My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

chris said...

Its so so gorgeous Alicia. very special. hugs chris xx

Cindy said...

Wow - I love EVERYTHING about this card. Love the colors, layout and embellishments. Fabulous job. Thanks so much for sharing at the MSL 'blues' challenge and we hope to see you back again soon. C2

Cindy said...

P.S. I think Aussies are born knowing how to color, what do you think? You all seem to do it so well. C2

Kim Dellow said...

Wow Alicia, stunning card. Just love the porthole. Kim

corinne said...

very nice ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge blog. Good luck !

Carol Dee said...

Sailor Edwin isso sweet. Your coloring is perfect, as alwasy. That ribbon is fabulous! Hugs...

Sassy Scrapper said...

Happy Australia Day! Your nautical themed card is awesome and your coloring is amazing! Have a fabulous day.
Hugs Bonnie

Amanda said...

Love this Alicia,looks fantastic x Amanda

Anonymous said...

I just love everything about this card! You inspire me. Danielle xxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card.Your colouring is superb.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Karen said...

Holey Moley!!!Another card with beautiful colouring and perfect for Australia Day!

Karen
x

Loz said...

Oh, I love this! How naughty am I to have never used these stamps! love your layout and the colours are just perfect ♥