Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mad For Markers DT - Crazy Hair


Hi Copic Lovers,

I am so excited about this new challenge here at Mad for Markers...Crazy Hair Colour Combo!
The place to live out your crazy hair fantasies!
I play it pretty safe with my own hair...don't change it around too much...but I admire the people who are brave enough to go a bit crazy with their colours and cuts.  It is great fun to colour some crazy hair combos...wonder what I would look like with black hair with red streaks....

Today I am showing a card I coloured in a few nights ago.
I am LOVING these Kenny K images....am pretty new to them, but they have renewed my love for colouring...the Magnolia's just werent "doing it" for me lately.  These Kenny K's kind of remind me of playing barbies when I was little...dressing them up in crazy clothes and styling their hair.  So I chose to go with the colours Red and Black for this girl...I coloured her in first and then I found papers to suit...normally I do it the other way round...find the papers and colour to match them.


She was originally going to be a birthday card, but when it came to putting on the sentiment I decided she was more Valentines so I just added a chipboard heart and coloured that with Copics too.

The colours I used were:
Greys: C-1, C-3, C-5, C-7
Black 100
Outline BG10
Reds: R59, RV29, R29, R85
Skin: E51, E00, R20


I was so tempted to add glitter, but hubby said it didn't need it...it is a masculine card (for a man) after all, so I took his advice...but I am still thinking a little glitter here and there would be nice...Am going to give it to Ben for Valentines, even though he has seen it already...I love her too much for someone else to get her!

I used the sketch at The Sweet Stop and I absolutely loved it.  It works perfectly for an image that takes up nearly the whole card...keeping clean, simple lines, but still looking like effort has gone into the card.  I will definitely be using this sketch again.

I would like to enter some challenges:

Double Dutch - My Valentine
Cards for Men - Valentine/Love
Paper Sundaes - Valentines

So what are you waiting for??
Get some crazy colours out and enter our Crazy Hair Colour Combo Challenge....
its heaps of fun!

Alicia xx

13 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Wowie ! Look at her... love the red and black colrs and super layout. Well, you know what? I think you'd look really fab in black and red hair. Or Purple and blue, anything... 'cause you are so darn cute :) Hugs....

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG this is stunning Alicia. Your colouring is exceptional. Love the hair. Great job.
mwah
Trace

Loz said...

great colouring Alicia. I'm not sure where you got your Barbie's from but mine certainly never looked this naughty! Ken wished though I'm sure LOL!
I hope you're having a gorgeous day, I bet Ben will love this card all for himself!! ♥

Anonymous said...

She looks awesome Alicia...great colouring......love the dimension you've achieved.

Patsi said...

I adore this card, the colours are fantastic xx

dolcreations said...

Oh the colouring is just so amazing! Awesome work!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card beautiful colouring and brilliant papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Cheryl said...

Rockin' card! I love your coloring!

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Awesome card! I also love keeny k's images. I love the layout and the colours you have chosen. A truly inspirational card.

thank you for sharing

julie

Tracy Valure said...

Awesome Card! Your coloring is fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes, hope to see you back next week!
Tracy V

Shana said...

This is beautiful! I love your colouring! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card, Alicia. The colouring is lovely. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Jolanda said...

Wow, I love your creation, it's truly beautiful! Thank you for participating in the Double Dutch Challenge!

Hugs,
Jolanda