Thursday, March 3, 2011

Annette Inspired Bookmarks


Hi Blogging Beauties,

I am finally getting around to posting these "Annette Inspired Bookmarks".  I always admire Annette's creations - especially her shaped easel cards and when she sent me a beautiful bookmark she had made in the mail I resolved to have a go at one.  Well actually I made four...and I kept them very simple, but here they are!


 The one above makes you feel a bit cross-eyed and dotty...don't look at it for too long lol!




I originally made these to give as a little gift to some ex-students of mine...you know to foster the love of reading and all that...I still want to make more...with different designs, ones for little boys, ones with angels...the potential is really endless.  Well if you are like me and would like to have a go you can see a video tutorial here.  Have fun!!


P.S - Carol I received my gorgeous Valentines card in the mail the other day and it is so pretty...you are so sweet.  Thank you so very much xx



10 comments:

Kerrie said...

WOW... I love making these bookmarks, but yours a just stunning!...

Michelle said...

Hi Alicia

Oh these are so pretty.

I think they make an excellent gift idea.

Michelle :-)

Annette Bowes said...

Beautiful bookmarks Alicia! Love the gorgeous bright colours and design, fantastic! Take CareX:)

Leigh said...

These are so bright and pretty Alicia. Gorgeous.

Karen said...

Alicia I just love these little bookmarks. So colourful and pretty!

Karen
x

Carol Dee said...

I madde a very simple of these a year or so ago. hmm wonder where that went! Yours are so PRETTY. Have a wonderful day, hugs...

Anonymous said...

Oh these are so sweet Alicia....bright and happy. I must check out the tut too.

Sammi said...

Oh wow! they look AWESOME! You've done Annette's bookmarks proud! LOL They would make AWESOME gifts!
Sammi
xx

Irene said...

Alicia, these bookmarks are gorgeous, such lovely bright colours, you have inspired me to go check out the tutorial. I hope mine will look as lovely.
Hugs
Irene

paperpapier said...

this is sooo... beautiful!!! I love this!

hugs,
Heaney
paperpapier.blogspot.com