Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mad for Markers ~ DT ~ Tag Sketch



Hi Copic Lovers,

Here is a very original 30th Birthday Card.
I made it following our Mad for Markers sketch for the tag, but turned it into a card.
This was a special order for a friend.
She wanted a black and white 30th B'day card with a hint of red and a green tree frog.
I think I went a little overboard on the "hint of red".  Never mind.
I rolled my own paper flowers and added pearl centres.
I paper pieced the present and added a real red ribbon.
I stuck on some eyes.
It certainly is a different card...I hope my friend likes it and I hope the girl receiving the card likes it too!


I coloured with the following Copic markers:

Reds: R59, R27
Greens: G05, G14, YG03, YG06
Black 100, C-7 and C-1

Have you been checking out the Mad for Markers challenge site every day for some inspiration?
The DT have done an amazing job on this tag sketch.
The entries for our challenge are amazing too!
Why not have a try at the sketch this week.

Happy Colouring : )

Alicia xx

6 comments:

Merry said...

This is such a fun card....and I think you met all the criteria well. Love the flowers.

Michelle said...

Great take on the sketch Alicia!!

I'm loving that little green frog and his googly eyes.

The recipient is bound to love this fabulous fun card.

Michelle :-)

Loz said...

Whoo Hoo!! I've caught up :P
I love this, the googley eyes are perfect, he's so cute!! It's more of a splash than a hint of red but it looks awesome! he really is so cute with that little crooked smile, enjoy the rest of your week ♥

Kerrie said...

Cute card Alicia, great layout and colouring.

Irene said...

Brilliant card Alicia,I love the cute tree frog. I'm sure your friend will love it also.
Hugs
Irene

Carol Dee said...

If she likes frogs she will love this. I think he is pretty silly and all ready for a party! The rolled flowers are lovely. Hugs...