Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Manorhouse Creations Cards and a BIG Question - Please help!!


Hi Blogging Beauties,

Finally some cards to share with you.
I have been making, making, making, just havent been posting many on my blog.
I will start to do a little catch up.


These three cards I have made using Manorhouse Creations products.
They are a new product now available in Australia and you can visit their blog here.
The papers are a lovely thick quality.
I hope to have a bit more of a play with these products today, 
if I can ever drag myself off this computer!


And now for my BIG question....

I am looking for an internet "space", ie. somewhere on the web to move our Aussie Cards for Sale site to.  It needs to be able to have multiple users so many people can access the site and upload their cards.  It needs to be able to have room to store a lot of photos and it needs to be easy access for customers to hop on and browse for cards.  Our Facebook page is one option, but I would like something separate to Facebook, our own space on the internet.
Something a bit like ebay, or etsy, but is exclusive to Aussie Cards for Sale so we can invite lots of Australian card makers to upload their cards and sell them.  
A big central online market place.

If you have any ideas can you please leave me a comment.
The only other time I have asked a BIG question on my blog I received a successful answer.
So I am putting it out there in the universe.
Please comment if you might have an idea.

Many, many thanks,

Alicia xx

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW these are STUNNING....love them all!!! Thanks for the link going to pop over now and have a look!!
xx

Carol Dee said...

The cards are stunning. Such pretty flowers.
I do not have a solution for your question. Just a request to keep it seperate from facebook. I DO NOT do facebook. So if you where to move it there, I would not be able to browse/shop the cards. :(
Hugs... CAROL DEE

Liz Weber said...

Hi Alicia. LOVE these cards, love that pink flower. Ijust got some of these flowers too! I think your idea for expanding ACFS is FANTASTIC, I will see what I can find, good luck with it all!

Merry said...

These are beautiful cards Alicia. Thos flowers are stunning. I have just decided to open a Made It store which is much the same as Etsy but Aussie. Not sure how this will go so will watch the replies here with interest.

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Alicia,
Does your internet provider host websites? Maybe that could be a low cost option. I can see you need public access to the site not membership and you need to be able to allow your card sellers to post their own pics to reduce your overhead. Is a blog able to provide you with that? Blogger? typepad? wordpress?

sorry more questions for you than answers. Good luck in your search....I almost applied to sell my cards in your last call for suppliers. chickened out!
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Mary J said...

I'm afraid I don't have a clue to your question! But will have a think about which websites I've seen that may be useful to you!

Gorgeous cards - I love how you've done those flowers! I've got some huge flowers that I don't know what to do with and you've given me a great idea so a BIG thanks to you!!

Julie said...

Hello my lovely! Sorry,you know me,rubbish at all things technical but I do have a keen eye on beautiful creations!!! Love love love the beautiful cards, such scrummie colours and the flowers are perfection! Good luck with your search,Julie x

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous cards Alicia! Love those beautiful flowers! Sorry can't help with the shop/store problem. Sorry to it has been a while since i have popped by, hope you are both well? Sound busy as usual lol! Take CareX:)

Jessie said...

Beautiful work as always Alicia! Good luck finding a site, if I come up with any ideas I'll let you know.

Leigh said...

Oh pretty cards Alicia. Love them.

Kazza said...

Love all your new cards Alicia! Great flowers. That PP collection looks fab. xx

EmbossingQueen said...

My husband has been doing some different community based sites recently. Here is a sample of one: www.leverback-earrings.com If this is the type of thing you are after leave me a message at info@EmbossingQueen.com

Miri said...

Hi Alicia,

Sorry, I also have no answer for your BIG question.
I just want to tell you that I love the cards you made ... especially the huge flowers are so beautiful!

Lisa J said...

Oooh, those flowers are beautiful. And lovely cards too Alicia.

Sorry, but I am not too computer savvy and I think also that there are a lot of people who don't use facebook, so you may not get to the masses with that option. I'm sure there is something out there for you, me and all other lovers of ACFS.