Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Retirement



Hi Blogging Beauties,

I thought I would share this Retirement card I was asked to make.  I had no idea what to put on it!! I kept it very simple and elegant with gold, cream and white. Then I realised I had no flowers that really matched so I had to make my own.  I added some gold swirls, some gold leaves and gold letters and the card was done.


Yesterday afternoon I was driving home from work so excited thinking I was on holidays!
I had taken in a slice, a Chrissie card and said goodbye to everyone...assuming it was my last day.  Then I got a text that afternoon asking me to work again tomorrow (which was today)...so I went back in again and had my "last day" all over again.  
I think I am definitely on holidays this time! (Fingers crossed no texts tonight!)

I love Christmas holidays...it means no school responsibilities....
Time to put my tree up and get those Chrissy cards finished - right!  There is plenty to do!!

I hope to be back tomorrow.

Alicia xx

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Fab card and enjoy the new start of your holiday!

Irene said...

Gorgeous retirement card Alicia, your handmade flowers are beautiful. Hope you enjoy your Christmas break.
Irene xx

Loz said...

:) two last days is alright! love the elegant card, have a fabby Christmas and a safe and very HAPPY new year!! It's bound to be your best one ever :)
take care of yourself xx

Loz said...

was just thinking that sounded like you were leaving forever! :)
you may enjoy the school hols.. but Hayley will drive me INSANE!!! xx

Carol Dee said...

Beautiful retirement card.
ahhhh Christmas break (2 weeks of no bus driving or lunch room!) YEAH. I can hardly wait. The tree is up and cards are out. Time to wrap the gifts :) Have a relaxing vacation from school work. Hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

Great card - love you home made flowers, they really are the finishing touch. :-)
Blessings
Maxine