Thursday, December 29, 2011

Some Edible Christmas Makes



Hi Blogging Buddies,

We were busy in the kitchen leading up to Christmas...as I know you most likely were too.
Here is a few sweet things we made...
The first photo is "Candy Cane Snowball Cookies" recipe found at Jessie's blog here.


Then I had another go at a Pavlova because everyone loved the last one I made so much.
It was delicious too...so light and sweet!


We put together a pre-packaged Gingerbread house.
We had a lot of fun making it and munching on lollies but the gingerbread itself tasted disgusting!!
(I am not a Gingerbread fan...maybe next year I should do one from scratch.)


Hope you are enjoying the break between Christmas and New Year.
I havent ventured back to the craft table yet...still doing some sorting and tidying of odd jobs that I have been putting off.  Will need to get back there before tomorrow though as I have some b'day cards that need making.

Thanks for stopping by,

Alicia xx

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Your pav looks fabulous!! I am not a fan of gingerbread either ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

Carol Dee said...

Cute ginger bread house! Oh well they are to be admired and not eaten anyway! (Even tho I like to eat gingerbread cake and cookies.)
The snowball cookies look yummy. We made 2 batches fudge (one with nuts, one wothout) Almound bark dipped pretzels, 3 batches cranberry jells and 2 batches sugar cookies. WAY too many sweets around. LOL.
Today's plan is to work on Januaury cards. Sis is coming over for a day of crafting. :)
Hugs...

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, Oh wow so mouthwatering!! l'm taking the recipe down so l can give them a go, thank you for sharing these..........have a lovely new year:) Sandra H

Jessie said...

Hi Alicia, I'm so happy you tried the cookies! Yours look amazing! Pavlova is my favourite :) especially when it's pomegranate pavlova! You did a beautiful job decorating it too, mine always looks like a bit of a mess! The gingerbread house is adorable! I have been wanting to make one for years but still haven't done it, maybe next Christmas! Happy new year to you and your family! xx

Leigh said...

Your cooking looks very delicious Alicia. I was in the same boat before Christmas....coconut ice, russian caramel, rocky road, rum balls and apricot ball. Then the trifle and roast dinner with all the trimmings etc.....busy, busy, busy.
Happy New Year.

Loz said...

mmmm.... it a good thing its lunch time here, cause now I'm super hungry! I want that pav!!
Happy New Years EVE! Can't believe that year has gone... next one will be awesome :)

Mary J said...

YUM! A very happy New Year to you honey!

Jessie said...

Thank you for the beautiful Christmas card, I love it! Have a wonderful new year!