Sunday, January 22, 2012

Two "Sweet Nothing" cards...



Hi Blogging Beauties,

I hope you are having a lovely day.  It is Sunday morning here...I am lucky to have the day at home, and I am still deciding what to do.  I have a bit of mulching that needs doing in the garden so if I am feeling energetic I might get to that later on.  I thought I might pop on and do a blog post.  This card I made for Ben's Nan to give to a family member - Madeleine who turned 90 recently.  I used Kaisercraft Sweet Nothing papers, some gem swirls, blossoms and a Prima butterfly.  It turned out very fancy.  I hope suitable for a 90 year old lady.


This second card is using the same papers and the dove is a collectable from the Sweet Nothings collection. I made this for my cousin Monica to give a lady at her work.  The story is very sad.  The lady's daughter, Bronte (19 I think) was killed a week or so ago in a car accident.  I dont know all the details, but her boyfriend found her and then died by getting electrocuted from a power line right near the car accident.  A very tragic event for this area.  Monica asked for a card with angels and her name written softly on a love heart.  This was my interpretation.


 I hope it brings the lady some comfort, if that is possible.


My project life is going along well.  I am up to November 2011 now, still have December to go...so nearly finished 2011.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  I might do a video of it at the end to show you.

Well, I hope you have a lovely day, whatever you might be up to.

Thanks for stopping by,

Alicia xx

10 comments:

Leigh said...

Beautiful cards even though one of them is for such a sad occassion Alicia. I finally received my goodies so can play with them as soon as I get the current 4 Christmas cards I'm working on finished. lol

Carol Dee said...

Both cards are lovely. I am certain the birthday card was well recieved. I adore all the flowers and sparkle.

The 2nd card is just perfect for the very sad loss. Your interpitaion looks wonderful. May it bring them some comfort.

Love and Hugs...

Linda said...

Oh dear that is a terrible tragedy Alicia. Your card is soft and beautiful. Also love that sweet Prima butterfly on the first card. Glad PL is still going well:-) Back to work again this week huh??.....although not for too long I'm guessing. xL

Jean McKenzie said...

Wow Alicia, you have been busy! Don't you just love that paper - I am yet to use mine LOL! Your cards are lovely and I am sure Madeleine will be thrilled to bits with hers!
Seems like you are keeping well which is good - not long to go now til the big day!!! Take care!

Irene said...

Alicia both your cards are stunning, sympathy cards are very difficult to make, but you have done a brilliant job with this one. Would love to see a video of your project life, have been thinking of doing this myself, perhaps your video would give me a good idea where to start.
Enjoy your Sunday
Irene xx

Jessie said...

How sad, I'm sure it will bring them comfort. Both cards are beautiful.

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, Oh my goodness!! Absolutely stunning both cards! someone is going to be really happy to receive these they are so adorable, lots of detail and imaginations you have used on both love the gems to create those lovely swirls and your flowers are gorgeous too! fabulous background papers on the 2nd card and that love heart lace truly amazing all of the embellishments both are just stunning:) Sandra H

Merry said...

Alicia...you have outdone yourself....both of these cards are so stunning. The second card is so beautiful for such a sad a event....I so feel for all those involved.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards, Alicia - what a difficult one the Bronte one must have been to make - I had read the article on line, and yes, you got the facts right.
Blessings
Maxine

Loz said...

oh I heard about that accident on the news - heartbreaking...
xx