Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Colouring, Organisation, Art Journals and Photos


Hi Blogging Friends,

Colouring

It is Tuesday again and that is my blogging day.  So here I am...sharing a bit of my week with you.  Since last week I have been doing a lot of research on Pinterest.  I found this amazing colouring tutorial by Sara.  You really need to check it out.  I followed her tutorial to colour this image.  Sara drew the picture of the girl and is giving her away as a free digi you can save to practice the hair, just like she has coloured it.  I used the colours she recommends.  I was very happy with how she turned out.  My first bit of colouring in over three months.  It took me a little while to get back into it...but once I got the hang of those flicks again, there was no stopping me!  I hope to colour some more of these girls soon!

Organisation

Thanks to Pinterest I have been inspired to "get organised" and "clean out clutter".  I am working on our bedroom cupboard at the moment.  I went to Big W and bought some plastic tubs, got out my label maker and started sorting.  It does look a lot better, but I feel there is still a way to go yet.  I havent shared my own pictures because it looks nothing as glamorous as some of the pictures on Pinterest.  Very basic, but hopefully we can better utilise the small spaces we have in our house and store our things better.

Art Journals

Wow...there is some amazing inspiration for art journals out there...so much so I am going to have to get into it!  I think I am going digital though...as I dont have the equipment or the space to get messy with paints and gesso and stencils etc.  I have come across this site: Art Journal Caravan.  Have you seen it? As soon as I get a free minute I am going to begin.  Stay tuned for hopefully some pages...maybe next week!

Nicholas


Lastly, here are a couple of pics of Nicholas...the sunshine of our lives...getting out and about.  I put his feet in the sand at the beach for the first time yesterday.  He seemed to like it.


I hope you are all well and happy, until next week,
Alicia

P.S Don't forget to enter my candy!

7 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Alicia, My that little man is growing so fast!

Thanks for the link to the tutorial, fabulous.

Gorgeous work.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Alicia - great to see you here :-) I looked at the organisation page on Pintreset and decided that I was doing o.k. - but I still need to declutter a bit... (well a lot in some places)
Lovely to see Nicholas growing and enjoying the great out-doors. Poor wee Asher has had a run of colds :-(
Blessings
Maxine

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Just gorgeous Alicia! Beautiful colouring and I love the tones :)

Carol Dee said...

Great blog post, I like seeing you back :) Thanks for pointing us to the great hair tutorial. Good luck with the organizing. I get it done and it looks good for a month or two then right back to our clutter. Ooops. My sister keeps an art journal. I wonder if she does this. I will have to ask. AND ... I LOVE those baby feet. My goodness he just gets cuter every time I see him. Hugs to all...

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, Thanks for popping by and great that your doing your weekly blog and Nicholas just looks so content he's really growing isn't he!! Gorgeous image and to think its free l'm going to check Sara out and see about this as you have coloured it to perfection l do still struggle with skin tones so l'm going to try this one as l know there are so many different ways to colouring take care!! until next time,xx

Rachel Parys said...

Oooo, she is hot stuff! You colored her up wonderfully!!!

Look how big your handsome little guy is getting!!! I love it when they put their feet in something for the first time! Both of my girls hated grass on their little bare feet!lol! Gorgeous pics!

Sara H said...

Hi Alicia,
Oh you did a WONDERFUL job colouring her hair =)) I truly love it! You made her so cute!!!
And thanks for sharing your photos, those little feet are sooo adorable!!! ^^
Have a great day,
Hugs,
Sara