Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Preview of Some Exciting New Images and a sale on Copics!!



Hi Blogging Friends,

Tuesday again! Here I go frantically typing this blog post while Nicholas has one of his little "naps".  Oh how I wish they would lengthen out a little so I could get just a tiny bit more done!  But I cant complain, as I know of one baby from Pilates that doesnt sleep at all in the day...so I am very blessed Nicholas can have up to five naps a day...just means this post might be a bit frantically written as I have a lot to say!

Sammi has introduced a NEW Digi Designer at Mad for Markers who has designed some VERY CUTE images which are a delight to colour :) They are called "As the Crow Flies" Digis... 



The lady who has drawn the images is Ardith Trumpy and she lives in a small farm town west of Chicago, Illinois.  Having been a stay at home mom to three, now grown children, she always seemed to be doodling and sketching their antics.  Having spent years investigating various art media and enjoying many varieties of art, there is always one constant… she always seems to come back to drawing cute little people.
Here is the lovely artist....



These images will go on sale tomorrow at Mad for Markers.  There are more images to come too.  I had a play with just two of them and coloured them up with Copics and put them onto some pages in my Art Journal.  The first one is called Sara Waters.  The second image is called Holly's Flower Boots.


These pages were done in a bit of a rush...so I was happy with how they turned out.  Nothing like a time limit to get you crafting and colouring!!!  Most of my colouring is done in bed now as Nicholas can happily sleep or play while I can colour.  He is already becoming a fan of Copics! As you can see he likes to grab them and suck them.  Would you believe he has two teeth coming through now! Oh my! We have had some tough times as they really do make him upset.  He is normally such a happy little baby...


If you like Copics then you need to go and check out Sammi's SALE at Mad for Markers.  Also there is a colouring in day coming up in Sydney for those who love to learn new things and colour with friends.


You might remember me saying last week that we were going away for the weekend.  Here are a couple of pics.  We met up with my family while we were there.  My brother has just come back from a holiday in Europe.  He brought Nicholas back his very own official Barcelona Soccer Outfit.
Below you can see Nicholas is nearly sitting up on his own. 


Well, I have to leave it there as Nicholas has been up for awhile now and is sick of blogging!
I will be back on Saturday with my Mad for Marker's post.
Have a great week!!
Alicia xx

8 comments:

Emma said...

Oh I do love these cards Alicia, especially the second one, it's so bright and funky!

Awww your little Nicholas is just sooo adorable, I can't wait to meet him in just a few weeks!

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, Well your blog never looks rushed as you always present it so well, Gorgeous as ever is Nicholas sitting comfortable on the sofa! and what a great strip too good team to be supporting although l do also support my own .....well you have too don't you!! great images and beautifully coloured too have a great day will tune in next week take care and hugs for Nicholas xx

Carol Dee said...

It is fun to see your cards again. But I truely love the pics of adorable Nickolas, I bet Uncle Paddy will be a favorite Uncle, spoiling him like that. :) How Wonderful- Big Hugs to all...

Rachel Parys said...

Gorgeous coloring job!!! I will have to take a peek at these new images!!

OMW, Nicholas is just too cute!!!! Love the soccer uniform, no such thing as starting too soon! ;)
He is an absolute dream!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Alicia, your two pages are beautiful - they are such cute images.
Nicholas is really thriving and looks such a happy healthy baby.
We are going to see our DGS this weekend :-) so looking forward to it.
Blessings
Maxine

Jessie said...

Hi Alicia! I love your art journal pages, they are so pretty! Nicholas has got so big, can't believe he is getting teeth already!!!! Where does the time go?! Me and my hubby went to a Barcelona match when we were over there a few years ago, they are now my favourite team! Love Nicholas's cute football kit! Take care xx

Loz said...

he is so stinkin cute Alicia! And yes, cutting teeth is the worst! Miley hasn't got any yet.. but I know exactlty what to expect!!
Great colouring... nice to see you'll be back in bloggy-land :)

Merry said...

So wonderful to see all the Nicholas photos. Those new images are terrific and you have used them so well...great cards.