Friday, September 28, 2012

Mad for Markers New Release and Exciting News


Hi Blogging Friends,

You may have noticed I missed my Tuesday post.  Unfortunately the day just came and went and so did the next day...Nicholas has been teething and I havent had much time to get anything done.  But the good news is we have had a day of relief and my Mum has come to stay for a few days so a few windows of time are occuring again.

This card above and the journal page below are using new digi images designed by Sammi at Mad for Markers.  They are so much fun to colour and have only just been released.  Check out how everyone else coloured them up here.


I had a lovely time colouring these up for Sammi.
I am really enjoying making the Journal pages...I am loving writing a bit more.  I bought a new journal yesterday from Kikki K.  Pages already coloured, for me to get down a lot of thoughts circulating in my head that I really want to record, but feel a bit time-limited at the moment.  I didnt want to be dictated by backgrounds and pictures, sometimes just writing and doodling is enough.

I am also very excited about some cards I will be making for my cousin who is a Naturopath and healer.  She has her own company in Bali and you can go there and do a fasting program to lose weight, or just cleanse your body and get healthy.  They have yoga and massage and healings for their clients to feel healthy again.  The company is called Natural Instinct Healing  and you can read all about it and watch a promo video here.  All their clients are going to receive a hand made b'day card from me! A bit exciting especially as some of the clients are very famous...but I am sworn to secrecy on who they are!!

Lastly here are some photos of our beautiful Nicholas and Honey chilling out on our bed.  He is really starting to communicate a bit more with the sounds that come out of his mouth...little laughs for "I like this" and little grunts and groans for "I dont".  We began solids this week as he is a big boy and becoming VERY interested in food.  He has had baby rice cereal and carrot so far...so far so good.  He loves animals and enjoys seeing Honey whenever she walks past.  Luckily so far she has been quite tolerant of his "pats".




Hope all is well with you this week.

Thanks for stopping by,
Alicia xx

7 comments:

Blankina said...

Hi there, what a beautiful stamps first of all, the journal page very colourful and wow what did he grow...time flies Alicia.

A big hug from Italy,
Blankina

Sandra H said...

Hi Alicia, Thank you too for your lovely comments, l did miss you last week infact l looked so far back thinking l'd missed your posting but this explains now that you didn't post, you have made up for it this week your stamps are amazing and your colouring is beautifully done great layouts too! Awwwwwwwwww Nicholas is just so cute! he's looking so content with Honey chilling too.....lol best friends l would say...lol he's growing so fast thanks again for sharing your lovely artwork bye for now take care xx

Marilyn said...

Fab card and I love that journaling page. Nicholas is so cute... even if he wasn't dress in blue, he looks like a boy. Love those big blue eyes too. It's great he likes the cat and that Honey likes him back - she wouldn't be sitting there if she didn't.

Loz said...

I have ZERO time for anything at the moment! Gotta love school holidays - and the vicious wind that's keeping them housebound today... (NOT!) :) Nicholas is such a sweetheart!
Good luck with the cards - that's pretty cool!! Have a lovely wkd x

Emma said...

Oh Nicholas is just sooo adorable Alicia! Hope he doesn't give you too much trouble with his teething!

I have to say that I just LOVE your journal page and you have inspired me to do some more in my art journal, so look out for a new page from me! Thanks for the inspiration!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hi Alicia, its always nice to have your Mum, treasure the days she is with you:-). Lil'M is onto solids too - baby rice is not on, it is pears only thank you!
Love your card and journal page. And congrats on the cards for your sisters clients - well done:-)
Blessings
Maxine

Carol Dee said...

Colorful pages. Sweet new images and fun pics of Nickolas and Honey. Do I see a hint of red in his hair? Hugs...