Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Kaisercraft Chimney Advent Calendar


Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

I have wanted to make a Kaisercraft Advent Calendar for a couple of years now, so I was super excited when I received the Chimney Advent Calendar in my Design Team Box.  I wanted a bright and colourful Advent Calendar so I saved this project for the Holly Jolly paper collection.  This particular Beyond the Page kit is a big project! It took me  quite a few days to put this together, but then I did take my time because I wanted it to be perfect!
DD721 Decorative Die Advent Box
I used the DD721 Decorative Die Advent box die to cut out all the little box coverings from the 6 1/2 inch Paper Pad.  I covered the boxes and then I used white paint to distress the edges of the front of the boxes.  I added FL440 Heart flourishes and painted these with two coats of white paint and then a coat of Kindy Glitz to make them sparkle.  Once that was dry I took my numbers from the AS251 Ebony Alpha Stickers.  I ended up needing more stickers ( I think it took 3 or 4 pages of stickers to get all the numbers) so I used Alpha stickers from other colours as well.  Then I ended up colouring them all over (the Ebony ones as well) with black marker to make sure they were all matching in colour.  I liked the darker black because it made the numbers stand out better.
AS251
FL440 Flourish Pack Hearts
Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

After I had all the boxes ready to go I covered the walls of the chimney with papers from the collection, painted the edges and assembled it all together.  Then it was time to decorate!

Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

I painted the TM815 Metal Door Knockers white, but left them a little shabby to add to my white, distressed look.
TM815 Metal Door Knocker

I also painted the edges of the papers on the doors and walls roughly with white paint to match the little drawers.

Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

I added some sprigs of Holly and white lace to the roof and some stickers from the Sticker Sheet.

Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

At the base of the chimney I set up a little Christmas Tree scene with round mat (doily from the Collectables) white Christmas tree and matching presents.  I chose papers from the collection that looked a little like wall paper, the kraft and white stripe for the walls and then some plain red paper for the carpet.  I added red pearls to the tree for baubles and also on the presents.  I added paper to the presents in red, aqua and craft colours.

Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

Then at the top of the chimney I added Santa's sleigh and two reindeer.
FL573 Flourish Sleigh Scene

 I used the FL573 Flourish Sleigh Scene for the reindeer, tree and presents.  I painted them and kindy-glitzed them.  I added some red paper to the back of the sleigh and some red and white twine for the reindeer's reins.

Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

Here is another view of the Holly and lace.  I love this mesh lace from the EM926 White Lace Pack.
EM926

This is a really fun project to make and great to get the kids (and adults) on the countdown to Christmas!  Sometimes we all need a little motivation ; ) Why not get this project completed in November all ready for the start of the Christmas Countdown on December 1st.

Chimney Advent Calendar using "Holly Jolly" by Alicia McNamara

Kaisercraft Supplies: EM926 Lace Pack- White | EM994 Twigs and Berries - Large | DD721 Decorative Die Advent Box | FL573 Flourish Sleigh Scene | SB2270 Chimney Advent Calendar | FL440 Flourish Pack Hearts | KC001 Kaisercolour White | DMKG1CR Kindy Glitz - Crystalina | CT840 Collectables | P1945 Cheery | P1946 Joyous | P1947 Gleeful | P 1949 Zippy | PP981 Paper Pad | SS296 Sticker Sheet |SB795 Pearls Red | AS251 Alpha Stickers - Ebony | TM815 metal Door Knocker
Other: Red and White Twine

Twitter Facebook Youtube Pinterest Instagram Google+ Bloglovin' Image Map

No comments: